If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a/v reciever and speakers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

Apologies, that link is 3v.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Im very interested to hear how your new Onkyo works out for you Chalky. What speakers are you running with it?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

just catching up here on this forum and apologies that I have not been able to respond earlier -

A few points - to be fair to Southern Retailers it is M U C H more expensive to do business down South at the moment so whilst we will beat any price in Ireland North or South - I can understand why some other retailers will not or cannot match pricing.

Our policy is that we want the Customer - not just the profit however at times this is a very expensive tactic and as above I can understand why some dealers will not go down this road.

Regarding the Onkyo - really either the 606 or the 875 are both amazing receivers for the money and you will not be disappointed with either - likewise the Mordaunt Shorts.

Just as a point of interest I see that the new Denon 1909 (out mid August) has actually beaten the 606 in the latest giant test - I have seen it but not had a great chance to hear it yet - time will tell.

Regarding credit card and demo facilities - we do quite a few deliveries to Customers who want to pay Cash on delivery - this is really only practical within the Dublin area at the moment as we use our own delivery guys to do the drop but we are more than happy to oblige and of course don't forget that we do offer a full 14 day exchange on everythig we sell - so if yuo don't like it (who could not like the 606??) you can happily exchange it for anything else.

Anyway enough waffaling on! If we can help in any way just drop me a mail or a PM and we will do our best to assist!

Thanks as ever,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chalky024

I haven't connected it up yet but will be running it through a B&W 600 series
    5.1 package which I've had for a few years now. Give me a few days to get it up and running and I'll let you know. I'm expecting good things though, the speakers have always impressed me. The only downside to them now is that they look a bit bulky in my room since I changed my TV to an LCD. I may change them for something a little neater in the future, possibly the B&W MT30 package or maybe the Kef3005SE. Anybody out there have either combination of receiver/speakers in operation? I'd like to hear your opinions.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.