Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Labret infection!

Options
  • 17-07-2008 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

OKay I searched the forum and I couldn't find a thread about this already, but sorry if there is.

So, last week I changed my lip stud to a ring, after having it done for 3 and a half weeks. It was grand the first 2 days after but then started gtting a small bit sore. Unfortunately I couln'dt clean it because I was at a festival and didn't really think about it either. When I got home i looked at it and it was slightly whitish and pussy on the inside and was crusting a lot on the outside, so I cleaned it with salt water. Yesterday I woke up and it was swollen and hurt like a motherfcuker, but had stopped crusting. So I bathed it a lot in salt water, used dilute mouthwash and even used vodka because someone advised that, I dont know if that was a good idea :confused:, and also applied a tiny bit of germoline to the outside. Last night it was considerably hurting less, and this morning, it's definitely not as sore, but still uncomfortable and painful if I smile.
    So, although I think it may be getting a bit better, I need to know if it is, and maybe some other remedy, please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Vodka was a bad idea... switch it back to a long labret post as it will ease the pressure on your piercing. the circular barbell may be a bit cramped.

Just keep cleaning it with hot salt water miz and even a hot compress too.
    if you are really concerned go back to the piercing studio and they will look after ya

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Will wrote: »
    Just keep cleaning it with hot sea salt water miz and even a hot compress too.
    if you are really concerned go back to the piercing studio and they will look after ya

^ This ++

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

One thing is it's really hard to open the ring... it really hurts when I try do it, is there any easy way of opening it? its one of the standard ones with the ball...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Ring opener, or practice. You are probably irritating the piercing more than you'd wanna be.
    Go to a studio and ask em to switch it out for ya, nicely of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Yeah I was thinking I'd end up having to do that.
    Thanks for teh help :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement