Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jonesborough market

Options
  • 17-07-2008 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

hi folks can you still pick up pellet guns in the jonesborough market?
    is the market still there?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

What do you mean by "pellet gun", anything over 1 joule is a firearm so you may need a license

as for the market, I don't know I'm not from Dublin (where I assume this market is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

no, this market is on the Louth/Armagh border. Is quite infamous for a lot of shady goings on. Mainly run by "real" IRA supporters.
    Wouldnt support these b*stards to be honest OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Be very carefull with the energy output of these yokes. If they're not within the limit for airsoft "toys" you could find yourself in possesion of an illegal firearm.

If airsoft strikes your fancy I suggest you go and have a look at the airsoft forum and if you buy deal with reputable dealers only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

Be very carefull with the energy output of these yokes. If they're not within the limit for airsoft "toys" you could find yourself in possesion of an illegal firearm.

If airsoft strikes your fancy I suggest you go and have a look at the airsoft forum and if you buy deal with reputable dealers only.

i meant ones around 1 joule mark that fire lead pellets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭EIN

i was thinking of ones around .99 joule mark that fire lead pellets rather than plastic ones...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

EIN wrote: »
    i was thinking of ones around .99 joule mark that fire lead pellets rather than plastic ones...

I don't think you'll find anything like that. 1 joule is the measurement of the energy contained in the projectile on leaving the barrel. As the weight of the projectile is a factor of this, a lead projectile with 1 joule of energy won't travel very far at all.

In fact it would be useless.

Edit: I did some trajectory calculations for this and assuming you zeroed for 10 yards (standard enough distance for air rifle) it would hit the ground at between 32 and 35 yards (depending on how tall you are :D).

A match air rifle (7 joule) would not hit the ground for another 65 yards approximately. In fact it would only drop about 14" at 50m which is well within the range of sight adjustment.

So it's either airsoft (plastic) - no licence needed or an airgun (lead pellets) - licence required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

or maybe you are talking about the co2 rifles/pistols?
    then these would usually be over the 1j energy. license also required!

Advertisement