Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pinarello Prince Frame Pic

Options
  • 17-07-2008 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

this is just a savage frame

a can of coke id say weights more

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

sweet, what's the price ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭omri

el tonto wrote: »

ugh..that hurts..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

For a can of coke? That's outrageous! :eek:

*runs away* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

How much is coke per gram anyhow :)

I'll get my coat from this topic too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Nice frame, one of the marquee names, you will always be cool on a pinarello. Don't seem to slow down the Caisse D'Epargne team either. That being said they are not the lightest one out there. Don't get me wrong they are light, very light and as light as anyone will ever need, but at around 940 grams for a painted frame, my own Cervelo R3 SL (at 789 grams measured) would be a fair bit lighter. As would the LOOK 586, Scott Addict and a whole bunch of other frames for similar cash or in some cases less, much less even.

Still though, if you are on the lookout for a head turning Italian Stallion that is good enough to win the Tour De France with the right rider on it, then you could do worse ! I have to confess I have always had a soft spot for the Pinarello's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Fatloss08

my old man has a few , sold one with record on it savage

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    Still though, if you are on the lookout for a head turning Italian Stallion that is good enough to win the Tour De France with the right rider on it, then you could do worse ! I have to confess I have always had a soft spot for the Pinarello's.
    There are a lot of bikes that could win the Tour de France with the right rider on them. Even a Trek! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

As would the LOOK 586, Scott Addict and a whole bunch of other frames for similar cash or in some cases less, much less .

One of the Sanuier Duval riders who rides a small frame had to add weights to his Scott addict because it was under UCI weight limit.

Hope to buy myself a Look 586 or equivalant next year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Saw one assembled in cyclesuperstore yesterday, looks nice. Really like the bowed top tube but I'm not really a fan of those wavy seat stays and fork, looks a bit too artsy to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

E@gle. wrote: »
    One of the Sanuier Duval riders who rides a small frame had to add weights to his Scott addict because it was under UCI weight limit.

Hope to buy myself a Look 586 or equivalant next year

That was Ricco :(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

E@gle. wrote: »

It's pretty common given the weight of most frames these days.

Hit the nail on the head. There are lighter and cheaper frames out there, but it would be hard to resist.
    DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    ..but I'm not really a fan of those wavy seat stays and fork, looks a bit too artsy to me.

They look comfy to me. I'm thinking shock absorbtion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

Pinarello's are class lads, I got one two years ago and still loving it, very comfortable, very responsive, very strong, and very good looking IMO, if you can pick one up (relatively) cheap on the intergooglebay I'd highly recommend it, I saved over a grand on the frame compared to the superstore, and once you have the bike you won't want anything else for, well two years and counting...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

They look comfy to me. I'm thinking shock absorbtion.

Oh yeah, no question about comfort, just I would have prefered a traditional shape as I think they take away from the rest of the frame's clean lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I'm not a fan of the wavy fork/stays either. They look a bit too bling for me.
    But if someone was to give me one, well that's a different story.

Advertisement