Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who would be the best body to complain to about dodgey nutritional supplements?

Options
  • 17-07-2008 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I bought a few tablets from ultranatural.co.uk (pomegranate extract to be exact) and when they arrived in the door I realized a few dodgey things about them. I don't think what they say about the ingredients is true. And there are just a few things in the description of the product that don't add up.

I have tried to contact them twice, even threatening to have the tablets analyzed by the chemistry department of a local University. (I'm not even sure if that can be done, I just thought it would make them reply to the email quicker). No answer from them and it's been about a week. It really seems like they are hiding something.

So who would be the best to complain to about a product like this? FDA? Some medical boards? A company in the UK or Ireland would suit me.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

User listed as banned but I'll take a stab anyway. Imo you will have a hard time to get anyone to listen short of them being severely poisonous. They are most likely considered as food compliment or similar and not medicine and hence the rules of what they can include/claim to do are a lot more lax then for say a FDA passed medicine.

Advertisement