Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine calling IBB customers?

Options
  • 17-07-2008 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

I got a call from a company called Imagine today, saying they had bought Irishbroadband and if could i enter into a 12 month contract and give them my credit card number. It sounded a bit suspect to me, so i didnt follow through straight away. The woman on the phone also tried to insist my bill would go from €29 to €25 per month, despite me insisting that i am paying 25 per month (even checked on my account)

Anyone else know more specific details? Are IBB accounts going to be just cancelled or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

They did indeed buy IBB.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Image did buy IBB so it wasn't strange...although asking for payment details when they already have them...I wouldn't be happy with this.

Sure ring up sales if you want a lower plan,

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Cabaal wrote: »
    Image did buy IBB so it wasn't strange...although asking for payment details when they already have them...I wouldn't be happy with this.

Sure ring up sales if you want a lower plan,

Yeah, at first i assumed it was just an "oh by the way.." call, until she asked me to enter a 12 month contract and give my credit card over the phone. Surely this would be an automatic transfer rather than call every single customer? It seems odd

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭CPG

Who knows what kind of info they got from IBB, I have them hooked up to 3 of my PABXs accross Ireland the service is unreal and very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

gs39t wrote: »
    I got a call from a company called Imagine today, saying they had bought Irishbroadband and if could i enter into a 12 month contract and give them my credit card number. It sounded a bit suspect to me, so i didnt follow through straight away. The woman on the phone also tried to insist my bill would go from €29 to €25 per month, despite me insisting that i am paying 25 per month (even checked on my account)

Anyone else know more specific details? Are IBB accounts going to be just cancelled or something?

Did you at any point have a Ripwave, cancel it then order another one? If so they might be pulling up an old account and trying to 'rescue' you as a customer. Imagine are notorious for doing this.

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »
    Did you at any point have a Ripwave, cancel it then order another one? If so they might be pulling up an old account and trying to 'rescue' you as a customer. Imagine are notorious for doing this.

exactly this scenario, only she did specifically mention it was the 2mb package

Thanks for that Achilles! Doesnt make an awful lot of sense but i know how things like this can happen with crappy managment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Achilles wrote: »
    Ok I'll let you in on a little secret. I work for IBB. I know the person who called you, she's calling back old Ripwave customers now trying to rescue them.

She has no previous experience with IBB products and doesn't have much access to IBB's customer management system at the moment so she can be forgiven.

Why am I telling you this? Becase myself and alot of other IBB employees are currently incredibly pissed off at how the merger was handled and IBB staff are being **** on alot now, as are the customers. Imagine have no idea how our network works and are only focussed on proft profit profit and don't give a **** about customers whereas the ethic in IBB was completely the opposite.

Expect IBB support to get progresively worse over the coming months as imagine continue to piss off staff so much that they quit and get in a bunch of unexperienced muppets in their place.

End rant.

Interesting :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have had 3meg IBB for years and love them. Had it since it first came to Tallaght, and have NEVER had an outage - until this week. It was off on tuesday night, (I think it was).

I hope this is not a sign of things to come......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i knew this kind of thing was going to happen why did imagine buy ibb they were fine the way they were and now there only getting worse

thanks a lot imagine :mad:

• Advertisement

dunworth1 wrote: »
    i knew this kind of thing was going to happen why did imagine buy ibb they were fine the way they were and now there only getting worse

thanks a lot imagine :mad:

Try working there...

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

I received a call today from Mark from Imagine. He told me that I can save a fiver a month by changing my 3 meg to Imagine. When I asked about the download limit he needed to ask his Supervisor about it. He then told me it would be 30 Gig a month. I of course politely refused to change.

He then called me back later saying that he could make it 60 Gig a month and that meant double the original! I then said I have unlimited and want to keep that or I would be going to another company.

There was no need to change then and "he understood". Hope this is is last I hear from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pmcf

i just got a call from imagine saying if i switched to them that id save on line rental so i said yes as i really hate giving money to eircom but just read some post on here about download limit when i was with irish broadband i didnt have a download limit now that im with imagine does this mean i have a download limit ? cause they never mentioned anything about a download limit just that id be switching my line rental to them.

When imagine bought them they introduced a cap

pmcf wrote: »
    i just got a call from imagine saying if i switched to them that id save on line rental so i said yes as i really hate giving money to eircom but just read some post on here about download limit when i was with irish broadband i didnt have a download limit now that im with imagine does this mean i have a download limit ? cause they never mentioned anything about a download limit just that id be switching my line rental to them.

Welcome to the wonderful world of marketing. They'll say something along the lines of terms and conditions apply but it's up to you to check what those conditions are (one being a download limit).

When imagine bought them imagine introduced a cap on DSL products from ibb

Sorry i double posted. Didn't mean to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

barnicles wrote: »
    When imagine bought them they introduced a cap

where does it say that and what is the cap?

edit: ah only on dsl.

if they introduce a ****ty cap on the wireless i just might have to move

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

I rang IBB DSL customer service and mentioned have there been any changes to the download limits etc since Imagine took over. He said you're still under the same contract so nothing has changed as far as caps or anything.

Presume the caps are now for new customers signing the 12 month contract.

Shamo wrote: »
    I rang IBB DSL customer service and mentioned have there been any changes to the download limits etc since Imagine took over. He said you're still under the same contract so nothing has changed as far as caps or anything.

Presume the caps are now for new customers signing the 12 month contract.

Yup!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I assume that Imagine do not want 2 separate DSL wholesale contracts with eircom and that the calls are going to DSL customers not Breeze ??

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    I assume that Imagine do not want 2 separate DSL wholesale contracts with eircom and that the calls are going to DSL customers not Breeze ??

DSL customers only. One can only speculate as to why they're doing it (they're trying to cut costs in both companies now so your presumption has merit) only upper management know the real reason.

Advertisement