Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair - Passenger not turning up

• 17-07-2008 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hello,
    Just wondering what happens if there is a small group travelling but one person does not show up. Can the others still fly? Or do Ryanair need to be told in advance? Any refund for this at all, no?

I spent ages on Ryanairs hotline & no answer! Thanks in advance for replies.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Cant imagine they can refuse the rest of you as long as names etc are ok. Dont hold your breath for a refund. Its possible but difficult and usually not worth it when they take their refund fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I think you can get a refund but administration charge is usually a €1 more than the flight!:D
    I wouldn't hold your breath:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Cant see why you should get a refund unless your cancelling with plent of notice. If the person just doesnt turn up and then looks for a refund afterwards, they are losing money because they wont have had a chance to resell the seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

You cannot get a refund from Ryanair.. Unless its cancelled for a bereavement...

What you can apply for is a refund of the govt charges which are paid per passenger travelling. If you dont travel, Ryanair dont have to pay them. They collect them on our behalf. Of course, the administration charge levied for processing your application rules out applying for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

lynchie wrote: »
    You cannot get a refund from Ryanair.. Unless its cancelled for a bereavement...

What you can apply for is a refund of the govt charges which are paid per passenger travelling. If you dont travel, Ryanair dont have to pay them. They collect them on our behalf. Of course, the administration charge levied for processing your application rules out applying for it!

Don't think they'll refund you for a bereavement - O'Leary said a few weeks ago bereaved are some of their best* customers.

*i.e. most profitable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

MOH wrote: »
    Don't think they'll refund you for a bereavement - O'Leary said a few weeks ago bereaved are some of their best* customers.

*i.e. most profitable

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=chg&quest=hospitaldied
    One of my family members has died and I don't want to travel. What can I do?

Should you be affected by a bereavement of an immediate member of your family within 14 days of your intended date of travel and you do not wish to travel, Ryanair will provide a full refund upon application. You will be required to submit a copy of the Death Certificate to our Customer Service Department at +353 1 8121230 with your refund request. Refund requests outside of 14 days of travel cannot be processed by the airline and should be forwarded to your travel insurance company for reimbursement.

If you have already started your journey and are affected by an immediate family bereavement please contact your local Ryanair call centre click here, who will work with you in making arrangements for your return journey.

For information, Ryanair considers the following family members as "immediate":
    Spouse
    Children
    Adopted children
    Parents
    Brothers & Sisters (including step/half brothers and sisters)
    Grandparents & Grandchildren
    Father/Mother-in-law
    Brother/Sister-in-law
    Son/Daughter-in-law

Note: The same consideration will be given to the travel companion of the bereaved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

MOH wrote: »

*i.e. most profitable

I'd imagine he meant those haven't to travel to funeral arrangments at short notice...

Didn't know about the refund though.. I could have availed of that once or twice in the past...darn...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I've travelled with a group where 1 didn't turn up. I've done the same a couple of years ago when the guy who booked didn't turn up. All we needed, individually, was the reference number and some ID.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I'd imagine he meant those haven't to travel to funeral arrangments at short notice...

Didn't know about the refund though.. I could have availed of that once or twice in the past...darn...

Sorry, yep, he meant those who need to book at short notice.

Advertisement