Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the most idiotic drunk text message you ever sent?

Options
  • 17-07-2008 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

Mine was probably the regular old "trick" I used at 17 - sending a blank text to the guy I liked in the hope of "accidentally" striking up a conversation... I was sure at the time that it was as subtle as it got. I was so thick...

Or there was the charming one I sent to a friend:

"Wher d fuvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvk dya gpp, bigg frkn gby"

I think I was upset...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I asked ex to come down to the pub to marry me one night in very broken drunken english... it was a humurous situation i though... I had a jelly ring for her and everything!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

The night before Slane 2004 I was camping nearby and got very drunk. I texted my mam and asked her to text me a clean pair of trousers.
    The spelling and grammar were impeccable though.

The night before Slane 2004 I was camping nearby and got very drunk. I texted my mam and asked her to text me a clean pair of trousers.
    The spelling and grammar were impeccable though.

Did she?

• Moderators Posts: 51,789 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Sent 'I am the human animal' to a friend one night after a few too many.:D

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Told my ex I loved her, and that I was having a great time without her, but that the girl I had just f*cked meant absolutely nothing to me. Went down very well. :o

This being all of a month after we broke up. :P

• Advertisement

Steve_o wrote: »
    Did she?

She did not. I ended up wearing a tux to Slane that year and doing Meatloaf impressions for apple schnapps.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

More cases of sending texts to the wrong people - too many dave/davids, gar/garys, johns, etc.

Have ended up with some VERY dodgy texts going to the wrong people before...

Got sent a relationship-style "We need to talk" by a mate once when he was drunk. He to this day can't remember what it was we needed to talk about so urgently - considering I was out of the country at the time!

She did not. I ended up wearing a tux to Slane that year and doing Meatloaf impressions for apple schnapps.

lol, sounds like an interesting experience!!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

A friend of mine (a guy) wanted to text another friend of mine to ask her out. I was drunk and accidentally sent him the next number down on my phone rather than the girls no.

The next number down was my aunt.

And no him and my aunt did not go out on a date!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

MYOB wrote: »
    More cases of sending texts to the wrong people - too many dave/davids, gar/garys, johns, etc.

I'm ridiculous for that! In particular, I just can't become friends with any more Johns or Eoins.

Worst was probably texting my bra size to my male friend instead of my Mum who was buying stock at the time. Wasn't even drunken, just stupid!

• Advertisement

elmyra wrote: »
    I'm ridiculous for that! In particular, I just can't become friends with any more Johns or Eoins.

Worst was probably texting my bra size to my male friend instead of my Mum who was buying stock at the time. Wasn't even drunken, just stupid!

What did he say about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I txt the wrong person once. Worst feeling when you realise it. Time to make up a good story at that point. Hasn't happened since thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

What did he say about it?

Me: "I'm a [insert bra size]"

Him: "Well that was direct. Where should I meet you?"

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

God my life was a serious of idiotic texts there for a while. Some sent intentionally and a few by mistake too. I am like a demon sometimes with a phone in my hand, well was with one certain individual. Poor sod!

Life's much simpler if you just talk to the person I find. Texts are the mother of all misunderstandings!!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

i sent my mum a message by mistake saying "i can't wait to get home and f*ck your brains out"

if you're going out with a girl who's name begins with N or M, pay close attention when you're texting!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

It's worse when you're ranting about someone and accidentally send the text to the person you were ranting about :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

When I was 16 I accidentally sent a text saying "She's alright lookin but seems a bit of a mentalist, don't think I really want to be going out with her" to the girl I was talking about.

Jeez, with the drought as it is I wouldn't mind a mentalist now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

once after a long day on the sauce i texted three women i had recently been seeing were they out and like to meet etc, giving details where i was....thinking that i had a 33% chance with each, so i might get one!!

only problem was two of them text me back telling me they were on the way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Woken up by "I miss you" from a workmate recently v late on saturday night(were both male).
    Replied Ah thats nice, sure you will get to see me on monday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i was drunk..

sittin on the toilet.. in the girlfriends apt

sent a txt to the then girlfriend "im going to stick my cock in your ear"

Realised the next morning when i got a reply.. that it was my sister i sent it to.

Her answer was simple..

"not tonight, im busy - maybe tomorrow."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

jigglywoo wrote: »
    It's worse when you're ranting about someone and accidentally send the text to the person you were ranting about :o

I know how to stop this from happening. Stop being two faced. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Sent a text to a girl a few yars back whom I was mad after while rather inebriated saying "you have great child bearing hips" not the best chatup line! :pac: However it went to my rather prudish (hotish MILF) Female boss; however even though she was a prude she decided that the best punishement for me was public humiliation and showed it to everyone I work with. I still call her "sexy hips" whenever I meet her, mind you I'm higher ranking than her now within the company lol! I know a guy who sent a message after the xmas office party to a former managing director and received the P45 upon January's arrival. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

i once sent a very provocative text(complete with picture) to my mother-her number was one number different to that of my boyfriend at the time. there were a few rather awkward days afterwards...

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

giggii wrote: »
    i once sent a very provocative text(complete with picture) to my mother-her number was one number different to that of my boyfriend at the time. there were a few rather awkward days afterwards...

Why? Was she turned on and kept hitting on you? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

tuxy wrote: »
    I know how to stop this from happening. Stop being two faced. :)

never!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Why? Was she turned on and kept hitting on you? :p

eeww!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Snyper, what's your sisters number? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

jigglywoo wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

snyper wrote: »
    i was drunk..

sittin on the toilet.. in the girlfriends apt

sent a txt to the then girlfriend "im going to stick my cock in your ear"

Realised the next morning when i got a reply.. that it was my sister i sent it to.

Her answer was simple..

"not tonight, im busy - maybe tomorrow."

Where can I meet your sister? ;)

Edit: Damn you Orestes! Beaten to it...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I accidently sent a txt to my granny that was meant for a girl I was seeing saying "My place for a fcuk tonight?"

Needless to say my granny turned up half an hour later wearing knee pads and with a tub of vasaline....best night of my LIFE!!!!

Advertisement