Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Ireland "Get With the times"

Options
  • 17-07-2008 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I dont know if its just But does anybody else think ireland should "get with the times" and allow More modern things such as abortion and same sex marriage?

I realise that these are very Touchy Subjects and would like too say to please allow others too voice their Opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

we've come a long way baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Broken-Glass

Yeah but im talking about like Ireland is still classed as a mainly catholic country and tho i realise it is we should just move along and stop lagging behind like the retarded kid!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Civil partnership has is allowed, no? so all that's left is Abortion really. And computerising public services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Never mind abortion let's "get with the times" and legalise firearms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I'm not commenting on the OPs 2 examples, but should not right v wrong, good v bad, be the comparisons, not old v new? New v old is just a fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

Civil partnership me arse. There are very few laws left (if any?) which don't treat an unmarried heterosexual couple in the same way as an unmarried homosexual couple. Gay marriage or nothing.

Allowing abortion is a trip back in time. Proper contraception and education would be more "with the times" as you put it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OP why post a topic which you related to ''Ireland'' in a Dublin City forum?.

Civil partnership - couldn't give a rats ass tbh.

Abortion, we all make mistakes and as a male I'm in absolutely no position what-so-ever to tell a female what she can or cannot do with her unborn baby.. But personally, if the birth wasn't planned, and is unwanted - terminate it, and take precautions in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

please allow others too voice their Opinions.
    ....but not on a DUBLIN CITY Forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement