Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sleeping in an S-Class

Options
  • 17-07-2008 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭

Renting one of these babies (so newish) in the next few weeks and I was thinking of using it as my tent/hotel room at a festival and in the city. Good idea or bad idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

lol, good idea - if your not too old.

Slept in my Almera before, better than the floor :D

I would wager the S-class would be far superior for comfort. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Cionád wrote: »
    lol, good idea - if your not too old.

Slept in my Almera before, better than the floor :D

I would wager the S-class would be far superior for comfort. :)
    I'm going to have duvet with me as well. I'm a fussy enough sleeper so this could be disastrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Renting one of these babies (so newish) in the next few weeks and I was thinking of using it as my tent/hotel room at a festival and in the city. Good idea or bad idea?

Brilliant! Sounds like a great idea to me :D

The S Class probably costs more than my first flat and I am positive it will be better furnished.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sure, but it'll get muddy/dirty at the festival. You'd be better of in a van or a truck with a covered flatbed with an air mattress. Particularly if you pull back to the car :)
    Remember a bottle for wee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Thats hardcore, spend the accommodation money on an s classs :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Word of advice, make sure you don't have the key in the ignition or infact anywhere visible while sleeping, I have heard of people being done for drink driving in this way by Gardai as there's the assumption that you will drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Imperator

Tipsy Mac wrote: »
    Word of advice, make sure you don't have the key in the ignition or infact anywhere visible while sleeping, I have heard of people being done for drink driving in this way by Gardai as there's the assumption that you will drive.

Tipsy mac is bang on there. but your S class might just be keyless, so **** all chance the guards know that the credit car your waving about is actually a key.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,436 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

LOL, would you not just rent a Micra and then sleep in a 5 star hotel? You might even have some money left for drink, coke and hookers too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

unkel wrote: »
    LOL, would you not just rent a Micra and then sleep in a 5 star hotel? You might even have some money left for drink, coke and hookers too :D

Not that we in the motors forum condone such behaviour!

OP, if the temp drops at night, cars aren't exactly great for keeping the heat in.

Not to mention the smell of spilt wee and crotch all over them shiny leather seats :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Make sure you get the front passenger seat, most comfortable place to sleep IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

unkel wrote: »
    Indeed I will. Your money goes far in Berlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Rent a Fiat Multipla. sleeps 4 no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Rent a Fiat Multipla. sleeps 4 no problem!
    And looks like a B&B to boot:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

do i test run on saturday night, drive to town, go on the lash and sleep in the car to see how you get on!!!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

brilliant idea... one of the more comfortable cars ive ever been in... anyone who owns one sleeps there break in them... or atleast i see that :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Even JayKay dosen't sleep in his Rolls Royce when he goes to festivals. Saw a pic of his car with a tent beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

S.I.R wrote: »
    brilliant idea... one of the more comfortable cars ive ever been in... anyone who owns one sleeps there break in them... or atleast i see that :|
    Here we go again! What are you on?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

"climate expert" and an S Class...

Oxymoron surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Maybe he's talking about THIS S-Class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Peasant, nowt green about that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

No ..but comfortable :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

esel wrote: »
    Here we go again! What are you on?

I'd say S.I.R is an alcoholic.

Back on topic, I slept in my Micra before, it was surprisingly comfortable, and it was the middle of winter aswell! I'd say an S-Class would be even hundred times better. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Sure looks comfy (big pic). If I had no option but to spend the night in one yeah ok, I wouldn't be too happy but heh to each their own. Just cover up the seats. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I'd say S.I.R is an alcoholic.

For his sake I hope not seeing that he is only 15 or 16!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

S.I.R wrote: »

After much analysis I think he means that he often sees people on their lunchbreak from work taking a power-nap in their S-classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its not something I'd do in a populated area or near drunk people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

Having seen this:
    http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2006/2006-Mercedes-Benz-S-Class-Interior-1600x1200.jpg
    There's no way I'm ever buying an apartment - that looks far more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

This slept about 15 people at the Guinness Fleadh, NY back in "97. Never did find out who the stank cnut was who had prunes and beans for dinner :mad:

uhaul.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I slept in a W126 S-Class once, years ago. TBH, it wasn't anything like as comfy as you'd think. No car is a good place to sleep in, but if you really must then get something like a C5 estate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement