Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October is gonna be huge.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

PES2009, SFIV, SCIV and Force Unleashed are the games I'm looking forward to this autumn/winter for the 360.

Will probably pick up Left 4 Dead on the PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Lord Muck

gears of war 2 has to be the biggest one surely , the first game is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Lord Muck wrote: »
    gears of war 2 has to be the biggest one surely , the first game is amazing

Definitely, it will be the biggest seller of the holidays for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

The first one sucked. It was way too short and Multiplayer is whipped by Call of Duty 4. CoD:WaW will suck as EA are making it. Hold out for CoD6.
    All fighting games suck.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

As an old pc gamer I cant wait for the release of fallout!! gonna get my boomstick and plode some zombies ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Anyone else notice that these are almost ALL sequels. Nothing original there... good games alright but some novelty would be nice...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Pro Evo, FIFA and GoW2 for me this year:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

DeVore wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that these are almost ALL sequels. Nothing original there... good games alright but some novelty would be nice...

DeV.
    Mirror's Edge? About as original as it gets IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'm sure something unexpected will make a splash ala Bioshock last year. However, the PS3 is the console to go to for original games this season, or maybe I'm just bitter because my Xbox broke.

What about that game Valve are developing or Alan Wake (I know, I know it's not out this side of Xmas)?

Aye left4dead is valve's latest zombie shooter horror adventure type thingy. Looks da bomb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

DeVore wrote: »

DeV.

Some of them are sequels made by other companies to the original see Far Cry 2,CoD Waw and Fallout 3. Fallout 3 in particular is radically different to the other Fallouts. then again it looks to be similar to the Elder Scrolls series so you may be approaching Sequeldom from a different angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭umpsfar

there was a mention of console but ....ahhhh duunnoo .

umpsfar wrote: »
    there was a mention of console but ....ahhhh duunnoo .

Red Alert 3 is announced for PC and 360 afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I can only afford one of them :( Fable 2 or Fallout 3? They're the only ones Im interested in really. Or Spore in September. Ahhhh choices!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

fitz0 wrote: »
    I can only afford one of them :( Fable 2 or Fallout 3? They're the only ones Im interested in really. Or Spore in September. Ahhhh choices!

Psst...go for Fallout 3. Fable has a two hour monologue by Peter moleneux before you get to play the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Fable 2 - meh
    Fallout 3 - meh
    Gears 2 - meh
    FIFA 09 - meh
    COD:WaW - meh
    Mirror's Edge - holy crap I thought this was PS3 exclusive. I'm so happy. Can't wait for this game!
    Splinter Cell: Conviction - meh

All going to be release between late sept and early Nov. I'm sitting here struggling for games to play and then I'll be inundated come Autumn.

Don't know about anyone else but I'll be wanting a piece of all of the above.

I won't be strapped for cash. Too many sequels and samey games TBH. I mean I don't think I can play through another Gears of War game. I was bored as hell coming up to the end of the first one. The next one better be more open and less cover based than the last one which was the same thing over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Psst...go for Fallout 3. Fable has a two hour monologue by Peter moleneux before you get to play the game.

But it looks so good! I loved the first one even after all Molyneux's sh*tetalk. But Fallout 1&2 are the stuff of legends! There is no smiley to accurately show how frustrated and annoyed I am so Ill have to go for a combo of :mad::(:confused:
    But it wont make a bit of a difference if I get Spore in September. Good job play.com put the price of Lost Odyssey back up I was gonna order it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Dont forget Fracture too! That looks awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

How has nobody mentioned Rock Band 2 yet??!!
    that's a September release.
    though I suppose it's really just a revised tracklist...............
    Guitar Hero IV then! ;)

How has nobody mentioned Rock Band 2 yet??!!
    that's a September release.
    though I suppose it's really just a revised tracklist...............
    Guitar Hero IV then! ;)

Nobody has mentioned Rock Band 2 because there is no release date for Europe. It probably wont be out till next year. Australia hasnt even got Rock Band 1 yet like.

As for Fracture, i think it looks ok but I have a feeling it will be forgotten because of the plethora of AAA games getting released in and around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    PES2009, SFIV, SCIV and Force Unleashed are the games I'm looking forward to this autumn/winter for the 360.

Will probably pick up Left 4 Dead on the PC.

What are the advantages of playing this on the PC (if I've already got live paid for)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Nobody has mentioned Rock Band 2 because there is no release date for Europe. It probably wont be out till next year. Australia hasnt even got Rock Band 1 yet like.

It does have a european release date. September, the same as the US

It does have a european release date. September, the same as the US

No it doesnt....

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=164239
    http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/06/30/rock-band-2-release-is-the-same-for-europe/ (Update part)

Ive checked play.com, amazon.co.uk, cdwow, hmv.co.uk, zavvi, game.co.uk and I have not seen a September date on any of those.

October is upon us - and as expected the games are flowing and flowing with quality. I've been banging in goals in FIFA '09 and now am thinking about robbing a bank to pay for Fable II and Gear 2 at least.

I'm still going to wait on Fallout 3 - it's 50/50 at this stage.

Dead Space seems to be a winner.

A lot of decent games all at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Fable 2 live feed for anyone interested
    http://www.justin.tv/newgames

Just trying to decide whether i'd like fable or not
    I Like RPG's (addicted to mass effect and oblivion) but hate games like WOW

I have never played the first Fable.
    Will i like Fable 2??

Fable 1 was good but was well short of all the original features promised.

Fable 2 is supposed to fix that and more. If you liked Mass Effect you'll like Fable - same idea, different time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Im looking forward to Fall Out 3. Huge fan of oblivion so :D

Dead Space looks really good, but Im 50/50 with it.

GoW 2, cant wait for that :D

Fable 2 doesnt appeal to me tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Dead Space seems to be a winner for me. What is the release date for Left 4 Dead?

Left 4 Dead's been pushed back to the 21st of November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Left 4 Dead's been pushed back to the 21st of November.

At least there is still plenty between now and then!

Advertisement