Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer online gamemasters

Options
  • 17-07-2008 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

Theres a job listing up on jobs.ie for gamemasters at the moment, 24K.

Not to shabby compared to some of these sort of roles.

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=790387

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Varkov wrote: »
    Theres a job listing up on jobs.ie for gamemasters at the moment, 24K.

Not to shabby compared to some of these sort of roles.

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=790387

Manpower are doing all the hiring for GOA.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

And the GOA building is only 5 mins walk from me, shame as i couldnt give a flying f**k about the game and will go back to college instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

says 24k but what they will offer is 20k, as thats the going rate for call centre flunkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

its prob 24k with the shift work that they will have to do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

ive only heard of there terrable service from x daoc players
    and seen some guy from there deny everything people said they did wrong on warhammer alliance why would so meny people lie ! whyyyyy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Lone Stone wrote: »
    ive only heard of there terrable service from x daoc players
    and seen some guy from there deny everything people said they did wrong on warhammer alliance why would so meny people lie ! whyyyyy
    I am an ex DAoC player for the guts of 4 years and i can attribute to their incompetence 100%. Useless fuc*ers i mean NTL and Eircom have better customer service than they do, and thats pretty low...

Nothing but problems with em, i can see EU Warhammer going to the dogs in less than a year myself, and people will roll on the US servers like DAoC, i know alot that did, including myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Just saw CPL are now doing the hiring for GOA, have always got on well with them. They are advertising the role as 24K plus shift allowance which seems good to me. Saw this advertisement

http://www.nixers.com/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=808920

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just saw CPL are now doing the hiring for GOA, have always got on well with them. They are advertising the role as 24K plus shift allowance which seems good to me. Saw this advertisement

http://www.nixers.com/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=808920

Manpower lost the contract to CPL? How bad could they have been?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Spear wrote: »
    Manpower lost the contract to CPL? How bad could they have been?
    Don't think they lost the contact as I saw ads from both agencies for the same job at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Just called manpower there, apparently they are no longer recruiting for them! Wonder if its worth applying?

• Advertisement

Just called manpower there, apparently they are no longer recruiting for them! Wonder if its worth applying?

If you do, it's worth asking if you'll be employed by CPL or GOA? I've worked for CPL in the past and have some bitter memories of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

If you do, it's worth asking if you'll be employed by CPL or GOA? I've worked for CPL in the past and have some bitter memories of them.
    I guess your experiences were different from mine, never had a problem with them when I was contracting. Manpower on the other hand were a rather story, but I suppose it depends on the consultant you deal with.

Back on topic, those GM roles look interesting. Mostly based in Dublin, but not sure if there are many English speaking positions? Might give them a call about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

you'll be employed by GOA. There are one or two exceptions but I don't believe this is the case with the GM roles.

Advertisement