Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance question

Options
  • 17-07-2008 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Im about to change vehicle on my policy, rang my insurance company today and they are looking for another 900, even though my policy is up mid-august. Done a fresh quote online with the same company and for a year the insurance comes up as 1600, do it make sense to cancel my currnet policy and start a fresh one with them? by the way its quinn-direct insurance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,362 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If its showing a cheaper full year quote on the website, just tell them and surely they will be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

mickdw wrote: »
    If its showing a cheaper full year quote on the website, just tell them and surely they will be helpful.

Yeah, but don't forget to shop around. Two places I was getting quotes better then Quinn were www.bestquote.ie and www.insure.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

If you cancel your policy now, you will lose your no claims bonus for this year

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

This seems to be common practice with QD nowadays. They are probably banking on the fools that just renew without checking around.

Get another quote elsewhere and give Quinn a call to say they are too expensive and you'll not be renewing - they will drop their price as soon as they hear that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Let me see €900 til mid-August, that's about €23,400 extra for a fulll year! What car are you changing to? :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement