Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contracting And Umbrella Corporations

Options
  • 17-07-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

I just got hired by a firm on a contract and they had me sign up with this other crowd so I could act as my own LLC under their umbrella so they could pay me.

The umbrella crowd acts as my accountants and what not, but so far they have caused me nothing but headaches.

I have been reading threads here about people in the same boat.

My question is - what other 'umbrella' style companies are out there? The staffing company I went through only gave me one name, the name of the group they work with and refused to help me anymore than that.

I'm very happy with my new job, however, the staffing company and the umbrella company are both screwing me around and I have been there over a month and have yet to see a feckin cent.

I can't obviously switch recruiting companies, and I don't want to quit because of a third parties screw ups, but I would like to know my options as well as some other parties that handle such transactions so at least I can kick the one crowd to the curb and maybe get paid in this lifetime.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement