Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Bullet For My Valentine????

• 17-07-2008 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hi people,

I know its probelly a unusal subject or conversation to bring up but,

i've been wondering what people think of Bullet For My Valentine (B4MV)

In my personal opinion, i think their a great new band, one of the few ones, a perfect answer to our prays for a great metal band such as Maiden and Metallica, both of which im huge fans of, and a band i believe if they keep going like this could end up with that same legendary status such as Maiden and Metallica. Both the Posion and Scream Aim Fire i found enjoyable and head banging music, so as a poll, what are your opinions on this Welsh Band? What do you believe Matt Tuck, Padge, Jason Jay and Moose can achieve?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

1st E.P and album(the Poison) were good, but find the new album just sliding towards generic metal, which I dont like at all(not a huge metal fan in the first place). I think they will just steadily decline into the "just another metal band" style to me. Wont ever come near legendary status like Maiden or Tallica.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

not great. vocalist too weak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

very fake commercial processed metal.....id say dimebag darrell is rolling in his grave......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

They're not as sh1t as Dragonforce but they're still sh1t.

Bon jovi without the flashy clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

I thought "The Poison" was pretty cool, however generic it was, but I can't get behind the new album at all. I'd say they'll be all but forgotten in a few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

very fake commercial processed metal.....id say dimebag darrell is rolling in his grave......

:rolleyes: because Dimebag created metal, but business is business

Back to the point, to be honest i agree with almost everyone here in saying i liked everything before the poison (and a very small section of the poison).I think they kinda lost their spark after the poison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I brought my daughter to see them this year, and for near 2 hours solid, they whipped the crowd into a moshing/dancing frenzy - so they are obviously doing something right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I thought The Poison was great when it came out. In fact, I still do, it's well worth a listen! Their newest release, Scream Aim Fire hasn't really grabbed me at all though.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Fad wrote: »
    :rolleyes: because Dimebag created metal, but business is business.
    No, he created GREAT metal. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭ShadowFax

BFMV got themselves too hyped up. 1st album was OK, people blew it out of all proportion, they thought anything they did after that was gonna kick serious ballz, IT DIDNT !! There like Oasis, released a huge album, got to cocky, started snorting the lines, recorded a pile of ****, thought it was lethal...Sucked Ballz.

BFMV probably have another couple of good albums left in them. Only time will tell. I have to givce a little respect seeing as there from Wales!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Like one or two songs, thought they were good but then they just did my head in after a while, sticking to thrash hero's Metallica/Megadeth/Pantera!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Advertisement