Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewal time!

Options
  • 17-07-2008 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Right its nearing renewal time again. Anyone get there notice by post yet? Notting in my mail box!

I hope they get my change of address right this year! told them I moved. One licence notice went to my home address the other to my new address!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Callow Man

Just to add can you pay for 2 licences shotgun and rifle with the 1 cheque or do you pay seperately. I know they dont accept cash or brown envelopes.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Nothing here either.Maybe running late due to the 3yrs thing coming in??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Whats the 3yrs thing???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Callow Man wrote: »
    Whats the 3yrs thing???:confused:

I dont know either! Hope someone comes along soon who does know:confused::D;)

What do you ever mean by a gardai not taking brown envelopes:D

Ive always payed cash over the counter;)

Ahh screw it ....Chem just answerd it.:pac:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Nothing here as yet.

3yrs!!! thats saves a lot of hassle.

Now I know im pushing it but will they let us away with a years fee for a 3yr licence?:D:D

Chem my local cop always makes me write him a cheque made out to the minister for justice.

Callow Man wrote: »
    Chem my local cop always makes me write him a cheque made out to the minister for justice.

Wont be long until mine is looking for a pint of blood and my 1st born along with the fee:D

Never had a problem with cash yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

My father and I have always paid cash, never been a problem so far, but you just never know. Probably sods law when we go down this time to pay up they will be saying we dont take cash. Lets wait and see ...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The three year licence isn't due in this year.
    And cash has to be accepted, being legal tender and all (and there being nothing in the law about form of payment).
    However, as was pointed out in the FCP conference, accepting cash at the front desk of the station causes all manner of problems for the Gardai - because it's now public money and thus lots of accounting pops up. It can wind up signed for/signed over about six times before it reaches the Superintendent alone. In fact, it probably costs half as much in garda time as it collects.
    So keep paying in cash and maybe they'll farm it out to the post office with the TV and dog licences (or the county council with the driving licences or the Department with the amateur radio and pilot's licences) a bit quicker :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

This will be my first renewal so what is it that im to expect? Just a letter in the post with a new license that needs to be sign by sergeant & me & paid for it or what?

Ian

Something like that PD, the usual is that you get a letter or a phone call to say your licence is ready, you wander down to the station, pay over your licence fee for the coming year and they hand you your licence and away you go.

Whenabouts is this 3year liscense supposed to come into force now Sparks?

Next year, last I heard Grizzly.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

no sign here yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Vinniew

So,whats the news? is the new 3yr license coming in this year...along with it's dramatically increased price?:mad:

Vinnie

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Merged from Target Shooting.
    Vinniew wrote: »
    So,whats the news? is the new 3yr license coming in this year...

Nope. They say next year, but I suspect the real answer is "whenever PULSE gets modified to deal with it".
    along with it's dramatically increased price?:mad:

As above, it's cheaper for everyone except those with "subsequent" shotguns.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

IRLConor wrote:
    As above, it's cheaper for everyone except those with "subsequent" shotguns.

Whats does this mean

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Cheers IRLConor

• Advertisement

Still no sign of my renewal!! Anyone get anything yet? Cutting it abit fine me feels.

Unless they have desided to to not issue any licences to anyone:eek:

chem wrote: »
    Still no sign of my renewal!! Anyone get anything yet? Cutting it abit fine me feels.

Unless they have desided to to not issue any licences to anyone:eek:

Still nothing down my neck of the woods either as you say they seem to be a bit late this year....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭Mac Tire

we useally dont get anything in the post til around the 27th up here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Vinniew

anyone get notices yet?
    Anyone know what the increase is or if the 3yr permit is in?

Vinnie

anyone get notices yet?
    Anyone know what the increase is or if the 3yr permit is in?

Merged from Target Shooting (again).

As above, 3 year license isn't happening this year and then there's no increase except for owners of "subsequent" shotguns.

This year should be the same as last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

'Several' brown envelopes dropped through my letterbox mere moments ago; they're on their way folks.

Came this morning, will have the pleasure of giving the gardai another applaction for the cz lux .223 that I went and seen this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Got mine today. Hopefully I'll be getting more than one renewal this time next year :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I got two brown envelopes waiting for me when I get home.
    One thing I need to do is re-new my Moderator permission.
    On my letter of permission from my Super he had a condition that
    I need to renew that each year too.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Hmm, nothing here yet. I'll head in tonight. They never did tell me I'd gotten my licence, so won't count on them to tell me to renew it.

Advertisement