Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewal time!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Nothing here yet either. IWM's idea's not a bad one by the way - according to the Gardai the biggest problem at renewal time is literally just getting the fees paid (with the time of year, they see a lot of people getting sidetracked or going on holiday or just getting swamped on the farm or whatever, and stuff not being paid on time for a lot of folks as a result), so going down early and dropping off the money would mean you don't have to worry about the rush in a few days and might earn a brownie point or two that could make life easier down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Sparks wrote: »
    ), so going down early and dropping off the money would mean you don't have to worry about the rush in a few days and might earn a brownie point or two that could make life easier down the road.

Went down this afternoon and paid my fees for my two certs and collected my new certs, when that was done and dusted handed over the application for my new rifle. No hassle the gardai were in good form laughing and jokeing about all the brown enevlopes people were getting through the post..

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

Picked up my three today. Glad to see 31/07/2009 on the pistol cert. Changed my .22 for a .308 a few weeks ago. SAKO doesnt look the same when its hand written...:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Went in, staked out the station until the opened (an hour late, but they opened, so it was better than it could have been. :p) and paid my renewal fees, collected the paperwork, nice and handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

derek_g34 wrote: »
    Picked up my three today. Glad to see 31/07/2009 on the pistol cert. Changed my .22 for a .308 a few weeks ago. SAKO doesnt look the same when its hand written...:D:D:D

My helpful Super refused to change a swift licence to a 22/250 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭derek_g34

Is it because of the other seventeen guns in your safe?

derek_g34 wrote: »
    Is it because of the other seventeen guns in your safe?

I wish ;)

rifles = 1 x 22lr, 1 x 220 swift, 1 x 17 hmr, shotgun = 1 x 12g, pistol = 1 x 22lr revlover.

really annoying thing my mate changed a 204 ruger into a 308

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Is the Super playing the Stalking Permit card on you?

Jonty wrote: »
    Is the Super playing the Stalking Permit card on you?

I am a member of an authorised range, had a 6.5x55 previously on the 17 hmr licence

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭BountyHunter

Three in the post this morning, sealed envelopes and all, last year the envelopes were just folded over :mad:

BountyHunter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Shotgun (unlimited :D) and rifle in post today.
    have to find the €63 now so no ammo this week. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Question on completing the shotgun renewal form. Do I have to complete the wildlife declarations at the foot of the form?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

When do ye lads actually pay the licences? We get a month's grace off the local cops here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Mine just came in .Another 265 euros to be forked out,on top of car tax,insurance,and health insurance...... I HATE July!!!!!!:mad:.

Bond,

Unless you are going to shoot game birds ,hares etc.Fill it in.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

Did the super know it was a swift or was it just down as a .22?

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Mine just came in .Another 265 euros to be forked out
    Ye wha?
    That'd be twelve firearms and a pint to cry in afterwards. The fees this year were meant to be €22 last I heard...

Jonty wrote: »
    When do ye lads actually pay the licences? We get a month's grace off the local cops here.
    On the day. Never heard of a grace period. Legally, there's no provision for one so far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Five arrived today, i've only got four guns one is for a .22 semi i traded last month. Might see if i can keep the cert and put something nice in the safe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

6 arrived today one for a .22 wmr semi i sold 3 years ago and a handgun i sold 2 months ago . Good to see nothing has changed and the boys are work'n hard keep'n on top of things :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Got mine today. Two to my address and the other to my family home address. I told them last year that this happened. So nice to see they took it on board and then went for tea:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Mine arrived today, still no sign of the rifle that I applied for 18 or so months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

kowloon wrote: »
    Mine arrived today, still no sign of the rifle that I applied for 18 or so months ago.
    Jesus dude 18 months ago :eek::eek: I'd be taking issue with some one over that:mad::mad:

Jesus dude 18 months ago :eek::eek: I'd be taking issue with some one over that:mad::mad:

Antique, well over the calibre restriction, (although there was no such thing when I bought it) they can refuse me if I cause too much trouble. The DOJ had no problem allowing the import, but the Gardai have yet to issue the authorisation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

kowloon wrote: »
    Antique, well over the calibre restriction, (although there was no such thing when I bought it) they can refuse me if I cause too much trouble. The DOJ had no problem allowing the import, but the Gardai have yet to issue the authorisation.[/QUO

did your fao or super ever send you a letter after three months

they can refuse me if I cause too much trouble
    you are joking right :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭thehair

noting in mayo yet steve

Not a sign of a single piece of typed paper about it.
    I'm moving to England in Sept. for a while, I'll be back and forth s I'm keeping my stuff here but I might get the dealer holding the rifle to send it to me in England where I don't need a licence. The outstanding authorisation is getting in the way of me applying for a .22 for the bunnies.
    If I push on the 3 month rule they could just tell me they're not accepting it as an antique and it's of high calibre so good luck with the minister!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

My 3 turned up Friday, Just got them to-day.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Mine came Thursday I think. Renewals for two rifles and a shotgun.

Remind me again, I'll be paying by postal order, can I lump them all into one PO or do I need three seperate PO's?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

well i always pay by cheque and lump them all together so it should be the same for the PO, i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I went and renewed my certs on Saturday recieved them on Friday 26th No problem.... paid by cheque €75 rifle three shotguns, I had a pleasant chat with the guard about shooting, hunting clays (very interested in going to Courtlough she shot before and her brothers are keen shooters. Some of the other members of the club went in over the w/e and everyone was complementary about the Guard on duty etc

Three phone calls to me and a couple of texts of abuse today(tonite) from other lads wanting to know why I didn't tell them that the licences where to be paid in the Post Office:mad:

Now am I missing something here, or did this new Guard on duty, for want of a better word "make a mistake" and turn away a number of lads trying to pay their licence:eek:

Advertisement