Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewal time!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The fee should be paid by cheque, postal order or money order made payable to Superintendant, An Garda Siochana.
    Nothing about paying in the post office. Prehaps he did not want cash and he suggested a trip to the post office for a postal order?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Did the super know it was a swift or was it just down as a .22?

He knows :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

I went and renewed my certs on Saturday recieved them on Friday 26th No problem.... paid by cheque €75 rifle three shotguns, I had a pleasant chat with the guard about shooting, hunting clays (very interested in going to Courtlough she shot before and her brothers are keen shooters. Some of the other members of the club went in over the w/e and everyone was complementary about the Guard on duty etc

Three phone calls to me and a couple of texts of abuse today(tonite) from other lads wanting to know why I didn't tell them that the licences where to be paid in the Post Office:mad:

Now am I missing something here, or did this new Guard on duty, for want of a better word "make a mistake" and turn away a number of lads trying to pay their licence:eek:

No, AFAIK for the moment you pay at the Garda Station and the 'other lads' are anticipating a change that hasn't happened yet and probably won't until the 3 year licence is sorted out.

Some people eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Thought so, told them to march back in today and see can they get a fifferent guy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If they tell you to come back after the 31st you're covered to shoot on the out of date licence right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

kowloon wrote: »
    If they tell you to come back after the 31st you're covered to shoot on the out of date licence right?

You should be, but it's always preferrable to renew before the 31st. Best method is to drop the renewal slip and cheque into the office and that way you've done your bit. You can collect the licence afterwards. Sometimes they deliver :)

Normally they post they them out around these parts if you pay prior to the 31st of July.
    Last year I posted back the forms (being out of the country on holidays) and then went to collect the first week in August only to find them posted out from the district headquarters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Paddy Diver

I went about renewing mine this morning, surprise surprise no one at the station as per usual. Rang the station in case there were in the back somewhere and I got a different station on the other side of the city.

And now Im working until next week and wont get to the station anytime when its open! B*lls!

Will just stick it through the door later and see if thats any good.

Ian

I went about renewing mine this morning, surprise surprise no one at the station as per usual. Rang the station in case there were in the back somewhere and I got a different station on the other side of the city.

And now Im working until next week and wont get to the station anytime when its open! B*lls!

Will just stick it through the door later and see if thats any good.

Ian
    They will post it out to you in due course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Just back from renewing mine.
    There was a suspicious absence of 'old hands' behind the counter, with a fresh faced young Garda starting to look a bit frazzled around the edges with the volume of signing and stamping he was having to do.

All grand, except the colour drained out of his face when I started talking about the European Firearms Pass and renewing my 'Authorisation to keep Sound Moderator'. :D
    I suggested that perhaps I should cover those with the usual Firearms man, and a visible wave of relief swept over him.
    Appointment made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Sparks wrote: »
    Ye wha?
    That'd be twelve firearms and a pint to cry in afterwards. The fees this year were meant to be €22 last I heard...

Nothing of 22 euros there Sparks.36 for the two rifles and handgun,one limited liscense, four shotguns,and then dual liscense the shotguns and rifle.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yup, had the same sorry shock myself - I'd been under the impression the new fees were coming in this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

Got my new licences yesterday. called in to discuss a ammo increase and the new licence were handed to. Just gave in the application last Wednesday

Advertisement