Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Road Tax - Quick Question!!

Options
  • 17-07-2008 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hey just need to know can you get points for not having road tax on your car.... also does anyone know the fine!!!

Got to drive to cork this wkend to get my disk as sent to my home address and live in Dub but just wondering worse case scenario if i meet a cranky guard??

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

They can take you car off you if its more than 3 months out...

presuming it's actually taxed there won't be a problem , no points for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You're not just driving all the way to Cork for a tax disk that could be posted for the paltry sum of 55 cent, are you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Flat2dmat

No need to worry. If you do get stopped, they just say that you've to show your tax disc in your local garda station within ten days. they won't give you points. I've driven without tax loads of times (and got caught) and never had a bother. They worry more about NCT and insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 al-007

cheers guys... Just wanted to know.

No Im not just driving down for it - my car is reg to my home address just ret in Dub! Also its only just out as of this week...

Cheers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

jhegarty wrote: »
    They can take you car off you if its more than 3 months out...
    Reduced to 2 months in 2006.

OP: Can you not just have someone at the Cork address post the disc on to Dublin?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement