Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you ladies cover up a black eye?

Options
  • 17-07-2008 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Wasn't really sure where to post this and I don't want to suggest that any of the ladies here are in abusive relationships but I figured this might be the best place to get an answer regarding this.....Mods feel free to move if necessary.

Have a black eye. Usually it's not a bother to me but I'm going to a wedding on Saturday so would like to conceal it as much as possible as the last time I was at a family wedding I had my nose splintered up and looked like the elephant man....the cousins might start to get suspicious :o

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Pfft. Put a slice of bacon on it.

Seriously. Also Arnica gel.

Failing that, say you got it rescuing a little old lady from a degenerate miscreant, and use it to chat up the ladeez.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Well you could go to the wedding dressed as a pirate....

Felted%20Eyepatch.jpg

Or dressed as a goth

goth.jpg

Problems solved:D

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Hmm, try putting toothpaste on it at night time, the peppermint or spearmint will revive the skin. Also, if you dont mind wearing a tiny bit of makeup, Yves San Laurent- Touche Eclat will cover that right up. And you won't look like you're wearing makeup. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DiscoHugh

ash xxx wrote: »
    Hmm, try putting toothpaste on it at night time, the peppermint or spearmint will revive the skin. Also, if you dont mind wearing a tiny bit of makeup, Yves San Laurent- Touche Eclat will cover that right up. And you won't look like you're wearing makeup. :)

Though the idea of standing up in the church and yelling "ARRRGH I know why they shouldn't be together, they've stolen me Trayzure map" does sound appealing, this might might be the more sensible option.

Would I get that in boots?

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

That would be pretty hilarious alright, the bride and groom may not forgive you though :P:P
    Not in Boots, In Brown Thomas for 28 yoyos. I know it seems steep but you wont just use it the once, you'll use it for dark circles aswell.
    But I'm sure you could find a cheaper alternative in Boots. :)

• Advertisement

ash xxx wrote: »
    That would be pretty hilarious alright, the bride and groom may not forgive you though :P:P
    Not in Boots, In Brown Thomas for 28 yoyos. I know it seems steep but you wont just use it the once, you'll use it for dark circles aswell.
    But I'm sure you could find a cheaper alternative in Boots. :)

Don't you know we're in the midst of a recession woman!! :eek:

Feck that I might just get my brother to punch me in the other eye and tell them all Im going through an MCR phase :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Sunglasses!!!!

Failing that there is a cream youo can get in pharmacies for bruises that works well on black eyes, might be that arnica stuff, not sure. I smacked my head of a surfboard in the carribean and had a whopper black eye. My friend has that cream stuff but i can't remember name between that and some aloe vera (the real stuff from plant, which stinks btw) it was gone in 2 days

Aldi have a touche eclat a-like product this week for 5.99.

But Arnica is the dogs bollix when it comes to bruising.

Thanks all round guys. Will investigate in town tomorrow. I have a concealer stick but think that's more for the odd spot.

How do you all know about black eyes and bruising so much? Was expecting the odd anecdote about a flying hockey ball to the face but you all seem like experts.....or was I wrong and you all are in fact in abusive relationships? :eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

TBH the Touche Eclat is the best, i've gone for the cheaper ones every now and again and they can look a bit more obvious then the TE, the only comparable one I found was the No. 7 one.

I have had a good few back eyes from kickboxing, and honestly I didn't bother covering them up, sometimes it can just make it worse looking.
    What stage is it at colourwise?

• Advertisement

Touche eclat is a good concealer but its not great on the really dark dark circles, it comes out looking like white face paint

I just use foundation with a brush.
    I'm a bit crap at make up though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Oh I'd recommend Benefit's Boi-ng, covers up dark circles on me a treat, which look like black eyes tbh!
    Get it in BTs but here it is online

Industrial strength concealer!!! I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Arnica is very good for bruises but it wont clear up a black eye by tomorrow. Touche eclait is expensive if you are only going to use it once. Do you not have any female friends, relatives or mates girlfriends that could sort you out with a spot of concealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

go as a gollywog

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Gonna have to second the pirate option. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Am I the only one that notices:
    DiscoHugh wrote: »
    Have a black eye. Usually it's not a bother to me

and also;
    the last time I was at a family wedding I had my nose splintered up

How does this keep happening to you?!

Newaglish wrote: »
    Am I the only one that notices:

and also;

How does this keep happening to you?!

Oh should have mentioned I'm a boxer :o (with a bad habit of blocking punches with my face) so I'm used to having a variety of facial contusions on a regular basis!

Thanks for all the tips guys. I got some concealer but the discolouration had cleared up nicely by the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭No1XtinaFan

Don't you know we're in the midst of a recession woman!! :eek:

Feck that I might just get my brother to punch me in the other eye and tell them all Im going through an MCR phase :D

Touche Eclat won't do it, it;s a highlighter and it's 31euros lol!!!

Go to boots and get any type of concealer, rimmel is good and it comes in a few diff shades aswell good luck :D

*edit* sorry just noticed your last post there! glad you didn't splash out on the TE! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement