Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheel Rebalancing: Cost?

Options
  • 17-07-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

How much would it cost to get 4 wheels rebalanced?

Looking at a car, and only thing stopping it from passing NCT is that the wheels need to be rebalanced.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I would have thought less than €50. I think theyony do the fronts.

If your rears are in good nick then just put them on the front instead....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

why do you think it will fail a test on balancing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

i would imagine less than 50 i paid that for 4 wheels balancing and tracking lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Take it to Advance. They seem to be working hard on their PR at the moment and I'd say they'll do it for next to nothing for you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Last time I had my balanced it cost €12. Might cost more for alloys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,107 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

do you need a balance or alignment?

if your steering wheel is shaking at a certain speed, it may be the wheel balancing, if its pulling left/right it may be the alignement

or loads of other things :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

silverwex wrote: »
    How much would it cost to get 4 wheels rebalanced?

Looking at a car, and only thing stopping it from passing NCT is that the wheels need to be rebalanced.

Thanks.
    If it's just the balance that needs to be done, very little. For steel wheels, it takes maybe 2 minutes per wheel, and a few little clip-on weights. An independant local tyre shop should do it for about a tenner.

If it's failed the nct, i'd say it's more likely to be a problem with alignment though. That's a little more involved, but still shouldn't cost any more than 50 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭silverwex

Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

I got mine balanced for 10 notes..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Balancing should be less than €5 per wheel. It's a simple enough task and there is no reason to justify a price difference between steel and alloy rims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I've never heard of a car failing the NCT for balancing, as they have no way of testing this, they would need to take the wheels off the car and spin them up!

Do you want to post exactly what was on the NCT fail sheet? I guess it was an "imbalance" in shocks / brakes which it failed on...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I cant believe someone posted this here instead of looking at Goldenpages and ringing around...

Advertisement