Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nokia Car Kit

Options
  • 17-07-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I bought a second hand car fitted with a nokia car kit fir an older model of phone that i have.
    Is it possible to replace the phone cradle for one that fits my phone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

depends. you need to establish what model the carkit is. check for the black control box buried in the dash. there may also be a cradle model name on the back of the cradle.

it's possible to upgrade some models, but others aren't able to be changed, depends on the model.

what phone do you need to fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Box could be under the carpet in the passenger footwell either..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,361 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

bossanova wrote: »
    I bought a second hand car fitted with a nokia car kit fir an older model of phone that i have.
    Is it possible to replace the phone cradle for one that fits my phone?

If the kit was fitted after 2004 or so, it may well be bluetooth enabled. Worth doing a search for bluetooth devices when in your car with engine running. If it happens to have bluetooth, you will have full functionality without going near the cradle. you will obviously need to charge your phone some other way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bluetooth model usually has a button on the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Canis_major

i had a similar kit installed in my car when i bought it, the cradle didnt fit as it was for some obscure nokia model. Poped over to ebay, picked up a universal nokia cradle (cr-39 i think) and all there was else to do was shove the pop port wire onto the phone when you get in. not a bluetooth model, but then neithier is me phone :) still has the button on the dash to answer calls / voice dial etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Nam_Man

Box could be under the carpet in the passenger footwell either..

Hmmm ... Bought my car & it had the rements of a car kit aerial on scrren and holder base screwed in dash. Must have a looksee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bossanova

thanks, i have a 6300, will check for bluetooth connection and what car kit model i have. its post 2004 anyway

Advertisement