Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Grant

• 17-07-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

I'm going into 4th year in sept.

in 3rd year (this year), i was in W.I.T. until christmas and then on work exp until now.

I need my exam results to show for the grant to continue.

anyway, the big prob is, I can't find results from semester one and I don't have anything to say i was doing work exp since jan.

Can i get a letter stating i was on work exp by ringing school of business, and also can they send me out copy of results..

thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yup, ring them and they will send them out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not to sure on that schools policy, but I only recently managed to get my results from previous years in School of Science. Takes them a few days to get it, but they sent it out in the post. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 yummum

hey guys i just heard that depart of edu and some other think it welfare cant agree on cut off point for grant, so all grants are goin to be late... and we are all expected to pay reg fee cause lucky if grants sorted by exmas...
    any one else here anything, i keep emailing grant office for my renewal form and told as soon as they get it from department it will be sent on.

If you have proof that you are applying for a grant, you'll be "temporarily registered", meaning you don't have to pay the registration fee.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

If you have proof that you are applying for a grant, you'll be "temporarily registered", meaning you don't have to pay the registration fee.

Didn't know that. I heard people having to pay it of via other means.

Good tip to know!

• Advertisement

Well it was money they shouldn't have had to have paid. Simply ask your VEC or council to provide you with a stamped letter confirming you're applying for a grant and show this to the registrar on the day of registration. Of course, should you be denied a grant, the college will chase you up for the money. Thankfully that wasn't my case

well no fear of me been denied the grant im a single mum, and cant rem wat a 50 euro note looks like at this stage..... cant wait to qualify....in another 3yrs phew........
    but i no one can apply for the grant cause the depart not releasing the forms,athey usually to be bak in beg of aug, that only 2 wks away... so if cant apply, cant get letter to show that applied...see.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Has anybody got their damn renewal form yet or is it just me who is missing it, starting to freak me out, approaching the 1st of august and haven't received a letter from my VEC.:(

hey dan, i got mine on monday and i have til this thurs to send it in, and stil waiting for letters i need for it.. u shud ring in the morn, mine came from wex VEC and the closing date the 31st of july on my letter.. they not giving any bloody time...

yummum wrote: »
    hey dan, i got mine on monday and i have til this thurs to send it in, and stil waiting for letters i need for it.. u shud ring in the morn, mine came from wex VEC and the closing date the 31st of july on my letter.. they not giving any bloody time...

Are you a first time applicant or a renewing student?

I'm a student progressing into third year and i am 5H1TT1NG a brick worrying about it.

• Advertisement

it was a renewal form, i goin into 2nd yr, just ring and say u havent got ur form and reconfirm ur address.

Thanks this seems to be a regular occurence
    can i ask you does the renewal form just ask you to confirm you will be in the college next year..

cos i got something like that a few months ago that i sent in.

well im a single mum, so it wanted a letter from welfare and that wat i waiting on, but ya the rest was pretty much checkin to see that ya continue on............
    def ring them first thing in morn and if they dont ans, email, i find they respond way quicker when email..

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mrpobb

hey guys another slightly money based question! i passed the college the other day and saw barriers at the front car park. does anyone know if they are gonna start charging for parking or what that was about?

mrpobb wrote: »
    hey guys another slightly money based question! i passed the college the other day and saw barriers at the front car park. does anyone know if they are gonna start charging for parking or what that was about?

There up a while now, and further changes were made to the car parking over the summer also..

More info here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055262162

Advertisement