Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best ever big fat chewy choc-chip cookies

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Made these yesterday, very tasty.

How much chocolate are people putting into it, the recipe says 2 cups which Im not sure of. I just went with the 100g chocolate bar I had but they didnt come out very chocolatey. Is 200-250g more what it needs?

Also what consistency is the batter for others, does it fall off a spoon or is it more stiff? I think I might have over mixed the batch I did as it was quite stiff but not sure what is required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Google told me that 1 cup is about 120grams. So I got around about 250grams and there was the right amount of chocolate in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ah right, so I need to up the chocolate a fair bit. I only bought one bar but it will be two the next time out. How about the dough, does it need to be stiff or more so gloopy? The cookies I made werent that chewy in the middle, not sure if I over baked it at 15 mins or if I over mixed it in the first place. I used a stand mixer when there probably wasnt any need for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My dough was pretty stiff but it spread out a fair bit as soon as I put them in the oven. I used the stand mixer too and left them in for the full 15 minutes. So it sounds like it's pretty similar process to me but mine were chewy. Maybe the chocolate makes a difference?

Advertisement