Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blake the Fake can really act!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Suffering sweet sh*t on a stick, what the hell was that?
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

You'd think the fight scenes would look better than that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Oh my God that's like a school project gone mad! They been getting acting lessons from Mr Fuji? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

What in the blue hell was that?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

Should this really be in the pro wrestling section?

• Advertisement

rizzla wrote: »
    Should this really be in the pro wrestling section?

One of the actors is Blake Norton, he's a bit of an infamous figure in Irish wrestling

Fozzy wrote: »
    One of the actors is Blake Norton, he's a bit of an infamous figure in Irish wrestling

Yeah but The Rock is a global wrestling star turned actor but you don't see a thread here about his new film. Same with Black Mask 2 starring Rob Van Dam or Android Apocalypse featuring Chris Jericho. The film has nothing to do with wrestling either.

Should be moved to the Film section.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah but The Rock is a global wrestling star turned actor but you don't see a thread here about his new film. Same with Black Mask 2 starring Rob Van Dam or Android Apocalypse featuring Chris Jericho. The film has nothing to do with wrestling either.

Should be moved to the Film section.

Well I seem to recall there were threads on SOS and his movie involvement. Why not Norton too? It's newsworthy and put a smile on my face. :)

There was a thread about a film that Christian was in too. Same with Cena, Austin and Kane

The film board isn't appropriate for this trailer. No one who frequents that board would know those actors. On this board the people who know Blake might get a laugh out of it. If I was to follow that rule then I'd have to move threads about Raw to the television section and threads about autobiographies to the books section! This is the board where it will get the most discussion

Raw to the television section and threads about autobiographies to the books section! This is the board where it will get the most discussion

Now your just being inane. Raw is a program dedicated to pro wrestling, although not much of that happens. But if someone where to put an autobiography thread of motley crue up I'd expect you to move it to the Rock section or books as both are relevant. However if it was wrestling related I'd expect it to stay, like Bret Harts bio.

I just like my content filtered a little so I don't have to watch tripe, which this is, waste of time. If it was funny it wouldn't have mattered, even in a bad way.

• Advertisement

Did anyone move the thread about the Jackass guys appearing on RAW to the TV section?
    No they didn't.

Chill the f*ck out, it's only an internet forum!
    VR!

I just like my content filtered a little so I don't have to watch tripe, which this is, waste of time. If it was funny it wouldn't have mattered, even in a bad way.

Humour is subjective, we can't cater to your opinion solely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Ecw-Original

Ha ha, what in the blue meanie hell was that?
    (and no, i am not going to go on a rant like rizzla already has)

But really, what was it? I didnt even get what it was about!

And which one is this blake guy?

And which one is this blake guy?

Blonde hair, American accent (is he actually American or is he Canadian? I know he says he's Irish!)

I hadn't a clue what was going on in the trailer either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I think the accent is staged. His dad is american and his mother is irish. Think he's spent time in both countries but his sister talks with a wananbe D4 accent. He spent time in Canada training to wrestle too but it didn't do much for him.

Do you want us to spoon feed your breakfast to you as well? You didn't have to watch it all. It is funny in a bad way. Maybe you just have zero sense of humour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Now your just being inane. Raw is a program dedicated to pro wrestling, although not much of that happens. But if someone where to put an autobiography thread of motley crue up I'd expect you to move it to the Rock section or books as both are relevant. However if it was wrestling related I'd expect it to stay, like Bret Harts bio.

Rizzla fails to live up to his name, smoke doob and chill the **** out, dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

looks incredibly bad

"double standards mate... she tells us not to harm her... it's alright for her to do it"

...oh how I chuckled...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

looks incredibly bad

"double standards mate... she tells us not to harm her... it's alright for her to do it"

...oh how I chuckled...

The stunts look amazing though. check out the insane log-jump at 2:07

FX Meister wrote: »
    Do you want us to spoon feed your breakfast to you as well? You didn't have to watch it all. It is funny in a bad way. Maybe you just have zero sense of humour.

Wow, it must be funny if you tell me it's funny. Maybe you have no idea about humour and if you italicize words it somehow makes it so. Italics

And I already have someone to spoon feed me my breakfast. Yer ma :rolleyes:
    Rovert wrote:
    Rizzla fails to live up to his name, smoke doob and chill the **** out, dude.

I'm unfortunatly dry. Have been for about 2 weeks now. Waitin on some green though ;)

As for humour being subjective I'd agree with that. But I think this would only be funny to people who know/ know of, Blake. I don't and don't really wanna know about him therefore I found it a huge waste of time. I commented looking for a bit of discussion because this thread would have been mundane anyway.

• Advertisement

As for humour being subjective I'd agree with that. But I think this would only be funny to people who know/ know of, Blake

Like Wrestling fans in Ireland? He is a former wrestler, promoter, trainer, Wrestling Channel presenter and editor of WOW magazine. He has a higher profile than you think.

rovert wrote: »
    Like Wrestling fans in Ireland? He is a former wrestler, promoter, trainer, Wrestling Channel presenter and editor of WOW magazine. He has a higher profile than you think.

I'd say more so fans of Irish wrestling. But that's just being pedantic. I can't stand Irish wrestling, much the same as my dislike of Irish rap.

I'd say more so fans of Irish wrestling.

It is an Irish wrestling message board! Give it up dude.

It is an Irish wrestling message board! Give it up dude.

Give what up. The majority of discussion on here is about American Wrestling Promotions. You said wrestling fans in Ireland would have knowledge of Blake where as that's really not true. Irish Wrestling fans, that is, fans of the Irish wrestling scene would have knowlege. I'm not a fan of the Irish wrestling scene but I am a fan of American wrestling. So I'm a wrestling fan in Ireland but have no knowledge of Blake and I know alot of fans of wrestling in Ireland too who would have no knowledge of Blake either, so you where wrong. I was just correcting you by saying Irish wrestling fans rather than wrestling fans in Ireland.

Give what up. The majority of discussion on here is about American Wrestling Promotions. You said wrestling fans in Ireland would have knowledge of Blake where as that's really not true. Irish Wrestling fans, that is, fans of the Irish wrestling scene would have knowlege. I'm not a fan of the Irish wrestling scene but I am a fan of American wrestling. So I'm a wrestling fan in Ireland but have no knowledge of Blake and I know alot of fans of wrestling in Ireland too who would have no knowledge of Blake either, so you where wrong. I was just correcting you by saying Irish wrestling fans rather than wrestling fans in Ireland.

Look at the boards stickys

Look at the boards stickys

Look at the name of the section.

Look at the name of the section.

What are you arguing? I've already said that this is where it fits. There's no need to look at the name. If you feel that strongly about it you can take it to feedback, but don't keep it up here

What are you arguing? I've already said that this is where it fits. There's no need to look at the name. If you feel that strongly about it you can take it to feedback, but don't keep it up here

Nah, it's gone off topic. I was just correcting rovert and educating him on the difference between Irish wrestling fans and fans of wrestling in Ireland.

See the trouble with one line responses is they can be taken differently by everyone. It's a clever way not to be found out to be wrong because if the point your trying to make is ripped apart you can always claim your one line response was taken the wrong way and you meant something completly different. I was just responding to rovert in the same half assed way he responded to me.

Give what up. The majority of discussion on here is about American Wrestling Promotions.

That doesn't stop Irish wrestling discussion though, never has done and never will. It's Pro Wrestling, not American Pro Wrestling. Japanese, Australian, Irish, British and Spanish promotions have been discussed.

Blake Norton was involved with a number of Irish promotions over the past couple of years, IWW and CPW being the two standout ones.

So um, what's the problem?
    VR!

• Advertisement

That doesn't stop Irish wrestling discussion though, never has done and never will. It's Pro Wrestling, not American Pro Wrestling. Japanese, Australian, Irish, British and Spanish promotions have been discussed.

Blake Norton was involved with a number of Irish promotions over the past couple of years, IWW and CPW being the two standout ones.

So um, what's the problem?
    VR!

I wrote what I wrote in response to roverts one line response, "It is an Irish wrestling message board! Give it up dude." which I took to mean, it's just for Irish wrestling discussion. But that's the problem with one line responses they can be interpreted in many ways.

I agree with your point.

And I already have someone to spoon feed me my breakfast. Yer ma :rolleyes:

When was the last time you had breakfast? Cause my ma died 6 weeks ago. She did work for the Irish Wheelchair Association so it is quite possible she spoon fed you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

A little off topic, but do you guys know that Blake is also doing stand up comedy around Cork city!!!?
    Honest guys!! You heard it here first!

thecutter wrote: »
    A little off topic, but do you guys know that Blake is also doing stand up comedy around Cork city!!!?
    Honest guys!! You heard it here first!

He is appearing in the International Bar soon too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Why so much hate for Blake? I only talked to the guy once and I thought he was an ok guy.

He is appearing in the International Bar soon too.

Oh God... The guy is an awful comedian!!! very poor...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

thecutter wrote: »
    Oh God... The guy is an awful comedian!!! very poor...

Did you see him in Cork?

ive seen him in Cork & in Kilkenny..... Very poor indeed!

Advertisement