Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South Hill, Limerick bleakness

• 18-07-2008 12:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭

its not for everyone , and certainly seamed particularly gloomy in the persistant rain , but took a few of South hill , limerick .
    The place certainly needs rejuvenation -- soon

Anyway there is a b&w set at :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebaz/

(accompany with some Smiths or Joy division)

2677811453_dbd2853321.jpg

2678647682_cc80c7b670.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Great shots, really like the flickr set too. Did the people mind being photographed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

efla wrote: »
    Great shots, really like the flickr set too. Did the people mind being photographed?

Cheers -- a few said no , and thats ok , but its certainly not for everyone , care is needed , and there is always risk of something going wrong . I wish i was perfectly balanced , or do i ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I particularly like the filling station one, gloomy and moody.
    How long have you had the D300?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Grim stuff... very well done, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

They are never going to revive it. The rot it too deep at this point. It will go the way of Moyross is currently and be torn down one house at a time.

I suggest making it out to Moyross at some point for similar while it is still standing Barry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah another "The Baz under fire in Limerick" thread! They must be thrilled with you ;)

Mike.

run -- had the 300 about a month now

dragan -- been to moyross a bit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebaz/2678656190/

Mike - i'm always under fire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

thebaz wrote: »
    (accompany with some Smiths or Joy division)

Laughed out loud when I read that.

Feckit Baz, they're bleaker than a bleak thing, especially the garage.

(sorry, that's U2 not Joy Div)

Hugh_C wrote: »
    Laughed out loud when I read that.

Feckit Baz, they're bleaker than a bleak thing, especially the garage.

(sorry, that's U2 not Joy Div)

maybe some Westlife , might work too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Great shots baz

I found the second shot bare, barren and empty, then looked further into the photo and subject. Well caught. The over emphasis on the grey sky helps to give this shot that empty look, whilst the butchered shopping trolley and burnt out house give that air of dispair and lack of care. The piebald in the background helps to place the area in society.

Buzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

Nice shots Baz very well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

if any one is interested and if it is allowed we have a group on Facebook for Expats of southhill hope i can post here, mention i sent you

http://www.facebook.com/groups/279375660905/?notif_t=group_activity :D

tonyheaney wrote: »
    if any one is interested and if it is allowed we have a group on Facebook for Expats of southhill hope i can post here, mention i sent you

http://www.facebook.com/groups/279375660905/?notif_t=group_activity :D

best of luck with it - I'm sure it is allowed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭92cooper

really interesting pics baz, i stumbled across your flickr stream last week and was hooked for hours upon hours. love your stuff :)

maxi

Advertisement