Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Restaurant: Hamptons

Options
  • 18-07-2008 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭

When City Central was launching late last year there was mention of a massive new restaurant being opened on site being operated by the same people who run the Market Square.

Well a new restaurant is soon to be opening overhead Laura Ashley and Pamela Scott called the Hamptons.
    Anyone know anything about it and if it's being run by the Market Square people?

www.hamptonsgrill.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

Market square is opening a new restaurant in marriott in about 3 weeks. Thought it was going downstairs in the hotel though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Doesn't seem to be any room downstairs unless it's at the back.
    Entrance seems to be a small doorway next to the hotel so I presumed it'd be upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Yes - Hampton's is definitely being opened by the Market Square Brasserie couple. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

If it is as nice as Market Square then I will be all over it!

Anyone know when the Holywell Italian restaurant is opening (formerly Harris Bar) ? never been to the other franchises in Ennis, Lahinch or Galway, but supposed to be nice grub too.

Where is that Recommend a Restaurant in Limerick thread gone to?
    is it a sticky yet!!!

edit: Is "City Central" the remodelling/pedestrianisation of Bedford Row?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

I think the Holywell Italian Restaurant is already open as I know someone that has a reservation for tomorrow night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

A new italian thank god its been slim pickings since La Romana's and Fat Zoes closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cleftydave

was in there last tuesday for a bite to eat. its the guys behind market square and a few others. foods very good- steak etc, and the ambience and decor pleasant too.

its in the basement under the marriott- makes it feel a bit like a speakeasy. a good thing in my books.

cd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Hansel

what's the pricing like? is it reasonable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Sinead UL

Ya I'm thinking of going there on Friday night for my birthday!!
    Whats the prices like?
    Is it like Texas Steakout? Better/worse/same?
    Thanks!

got to say i really enjoyed. pricing was fair- around twenty for mains, six for a starter. desserts are fun- they're only two euro each, and they're tiny- so you order a selection.

booze is really reasonable- verve clique champagne- good stuff- was only fourty bucks a bottle- upstairs in the marriott they want nearly a hundred for it. very reasonable.

the steak was the best i've had in limerick, the ribs were really good too...

it stays open quite late, so its seems a good place for a party. it was quite busy when i was in there- on a tuesday. book ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Sinead UL

Just booked it there!
    The first number I got (from a website) told me to ring 061 609325.
    The place does seem really booked out, all they had left was a table for 2 at 6.30 or 9.30.
    Thanks for the review cleftydave!
    I will let you know how I get on.

that great- hope you have as good a time as i did.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mccutchie

I'm heading there tonight, will post an update tomorrow. Looking forward to it should be tasty judging by what has been said so far

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sounds great!

also, did i i hear that other italian is VEGETARIAN??? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 worrier

Has anyone else eaten here? Seems to be getting good reviews (looking at tripadvisor, menupages and above although some mixed comments on tripadvisor). Thinking of booking it for a family dinner (15 people). Considering Market Square as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Got a report from a friend who was there the other night with a group, that the portions were quite mean. Can Anybody back this up?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

I was there on saturday night, lovely place but the service was terrible. In fairness it was busy being saturday night, but they were just firing anything at you, missing cutlery and side orders and no sign of anyone while the food goes cold, felt like taking a walk to the kitchen to find a fork.

It will be a while before Ill think about going there again to be honest. Hopefully just teething problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

I was also there on Sat night and can agree with the last poster, I was not too impressed with either the foor or the service. Its very like Milanos, whihc is fine if you like that sort of thing.
    I dont.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Any more comments on this place?This is where the company is bringing us for our christmas do by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

I was there a few weeks back and enjoyed it.
    However I got the chicken which was a big mistake...
    Better to stay with the red meat as everyone who choose meat were very happy.

The place reminds me of a New York steakhouse.

• Advertisement

I have been there twice - first time was shortly after opening and service was dire. Second time was night of Munster v Glasgow and I had zero expectations of good service and was extremely pleasantly surprised :D

I had the chicken both times and loved it.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Also been here twice have tasted the steak (really great), chicken bang band (tasty) and the mushroom raviloi (not my thing but nice all the same). Great sides, - its all good! Little pricy but I've found that you are pampered and the service was excellent both times, asking how the meal was without being obtrusive.

Very professional!

Hmmm - went there with a group of friends last night and not good :mad:

No record of our reservation, despite it being altered on Thursday and confirmed. They left 6 of us sit there for half and hour - loads of suits faffing around and no-one seemingly in charge. We left, they watched us leave and no-one said anything to us. We went to Milanos who welcomed us with open arms and looked after us very well.

The other 5 have not been there before and will be very slow to go back....it is so infuriating to see a restaurant with such potential ballsing it up on the basics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 beanflick

Went there a couple of weeks back. Was a sat night and was manic busy. Was o.k, service was poor, food over priced, and not that great in my view. Would like to go there on a midweek night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 worrier

Ate there with a group of 14 on Saturday night. The food was very good - top reviews for the steak, duck spring rolls and chicken bang bang. Sides were good too. Like everyone else has said though service was a problem. We were sitting for 30 minutes before our food order was taken (although drinks were given) and it was another 45 minutes at least before the starters came out. Main course came immediately after the starters were taken away which on another night would have been annoying but (i) we were hungry and (ii) we had to move on to a party afterwards so that was ok. What was inexcusable though was that the occasion was an engagement party and my fiancee's cousin had organised during the week for two bottles of champagne to be given to our table, had paid for them, given the name of me and my fiancee, the times and the number of people. But we never got it! They have been severely apologetic since and I know mistakes happen but it's still pretty poor.

Another minor thing - I had asked when booking to be seated in the back room which they said they would do but when we arrived our table was elsewhere. I thought the prices and portions are pretty reasonable to be honest but then I am working in Dublin.

I think it's a very good addition to the Limerick dining scene but there are serious problems with the service which I hope are just teething problems. I've heard through the grapevine that apparently they hadn't expected it to take off as quickly as it did but I think they're taking in more people than they can handle. Hopefully this will improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

beanflick wrote: »
    service was poor, food over priced, and not that great in my view. Would like to go there on a midweek night.

why would you go there again? is there a better service between Tue and Thur? Is it cheaper midweek? Will they change interior and staff for those three days?

;)

Advertisement