Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post links

Options
  • 18-07-2008 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭

www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=50404906/

sorry if this has been done before but cant seem to get my head around this:eek:
    not very up to date on all this,, am trying to put a link to my bebo can only manage above..... how do you just put it in say like mybebo instead .....
    am such a divvy on all this ha ha:D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You would use:

[noparse]Text you want to appear here[/noparse]

So the following:
    [noparse]Google is a search engine[/noparse]

Would appear as:

Google is a search engine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

You would use:

[noparse]Text you want to appear here[/noparse]

So the following:
    [noparse]Google is a search engine[/noparse]

Would appear as:

Google is a search engine

thanks ill give it a go :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

the easy way is to 'go advanced' when you write a post and use the URL link tool at the top of the page (think it's a globe with a chain on it) to create your link.

just put in 'my bebo' or whatever text you wantto appear in the link and then highlight it with the mouse and click on the globe/chain button and paste in your http link in the popup box and click okay and you're done. :)

you can even place a link on an image if you like, as I've done below (using your bebo link from above).

if you go to the 'quote' button on my post it will show you the code I used to make the link and you can just copy that into your sig if you like, but it was simple enough to do.

I linked to an appropriate image by googling for what I was looking for and then (right clicking on it and) copying the address of the image and using the little creamy yellow mountain/sun button to add an image. then just highlight the whole of that code and click on the globe/chain button and paste in the link to your sig, it's as simple as that.

bebo-logo.gif

well fecks sake, even my nephew who is 7 could have done that...
    cheers, thanks:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

minxie1 wrote: »
    well fecks sake, even my nephew who is 7 could have done that...
    cheers, thanks:):)

I'm assuming you were thinking of putting it in your sig, but it still looks like you've got the old link in there.

you going to change it then after all my hard work? :p

as someone else with a cartman avatar, i think you now have a legal obligation to change it anyway. :D

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you were thinking of putting it in your sig, but it still looks like you've got the old link in there.

you going to change it then after all my hard work? :p

as someone else with a cartman avatar, i think you now have a legal obligation to change it anyway. :D
    right so ted......:eek: like i said am a bit slow ha:p
    am on the case as they say

took the easy option:P:P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Moved from Comp and Tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

minxie1 wrote: »
    thanks ill give it a go :o

congratulationsmainym1.gif

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement