Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool facilities at your place of work.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

OMG:eek:...THE WATER DISPENSER IS WORKING AGAIN....:D:D

I haz a happy :)

also, somebody just told me that we have, get this; INDOOR PLUMBING! we can now do our "business" indoors! what a legend facility!

By this stage, some of you may be wondering; "wow, what a traumatising work-place you must endure". No, I have in fact been RIDDLEING my posts of late with sarcasm...mwah hahaah (insert evil smiley here)

As a matter of fact, I have a little green sticker on my ID card, this ID card allows me access to privatly owned multi-million euro aircraft (such as a340s and 747s) here in the hangers for "inspection and testing". its a tough job sometimes, ensuring that the 52" plasmas function correctly with full games and media configuration, ensuring the couches are comfortable enough...

bad news though, only the bubbly water works on the water dispenser :( who drinks that like...weirdos

tough job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

cruise control, air conditioning & a fuel card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

one of my previous jobs had a full size snooker table in the canteen / rest area, with scoreboard and all.
    Used to have a few frames whenever we felt like it.
    Then on Friday, we'd sneek a few cans in and have a few games there before heading to the pub across the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Toilet, shower, boss who isn't a prick. Oh, and salmon fishing right outside - literally 10 feet from the door :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

We have a beer fridge too, but we can only start drinking after work. I finish at 3:30 so I should get langers in the office and laugh at everyone else working sometime...

We also get free breakfast every second Friday. Mmmm... cheesey bagels...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Pool table and ATM a Wii with 2 controllers and a big ass TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I used to work for the Irish Lighthouse service back in the 80ies They would maintain the light ships about 1/2 KM along the pier from their depot in Dunlaoghaire, these had bunks so if you had a hang over from the night before you could disappear for most of the day :), You would get advanced warning from the launch men if there was a supervisor going to board ship.

The Light house Depot used to have a hole in the perimeter fence at the back some of the lads would sneak out during the day and go down to the pub, Unfortunately the Depot these days is a living hell with CCTV cameras and tracking RFID clock / ID cards which you must wear at all times at work you cannot even hide in the jacks and read a paper for more than five minutes without being noticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Gym on 7th floor, free fruit/coffee/tea/biscuits, subsidised phones, travel card, work bus from town to work which is free, nicest manager ive ever had in my life, she rocks.
    trying to think what else... eye candy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Internet access. TV. Shower (I'm just out of it about 5 minutes). As much tea/coffee/biscuits as you could want. Took a 32 inch widescreen TV home from work last year for free.

I work with 4 other people and count them all as friends.

Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭davehey79

water, soup, tea & coffee and showers thats about it! and most internet sites except gambling ones and p**n of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ruu wrote: »
    I started a new job at the beginning of June in a library and only found out that they have a shower in the lower level for employees.

My last workplace in central London had a shower too.
    hussey wrote: »
    We have a beer/Wine fridge every Friday :cool:
    The same workplace also had free beer/wine on a Friday at 5:00 :)
    hussey wrote: »
    Oh also have a BBQ area on our roof ...
    attached is image of my view
    We also had occassional summer BBQ's. Were you not in Oz I'd have wondered if we once worked together.
    Traq wrote: »
    As soon as I read this I knew you were in Australia. A regular occurrence in my office too!
    It's not confined to Oz ya know ;)

We had a rest room in that company that had couches, plasma TV, table football and a PS2.

Great facilities but a really, really crap place to work, hated every minute of it. Where I am now has none of the above but I love it and get paid a helluva a lot more :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

We have a shop and a deli at work(I work in a centra).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Am I the only person who has an awful job and no facilities? I dislike you all. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭el_tiddlero

i have a chair and a desk.
    occasionally there's a clean mug too..
    Life is wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I started a new job at the beginning of June in a library and only found out that they have a shower in the lower level for employees. My supervisor said if people come to work on a bike in the warm weather or go for a run at lunch that they can take a quick shower. Never heard of this before but thought it was a good idea. I'm still waiting to find out if there is an employee game room. :D
    `
    In my experience, this is the norm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

fonpokno wrote: »
    Am I the only person who has an awful job and no facilities? I dislike you all. :(

Heh, that is why it took me by surprise. A couple of those grey plastic chairs (the ones that you had in secondary school) and a table, they called that the canteen in previous jobs. :) Looks like plenty of boardsies are well off (or big feckin' liars!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Happy workers are productive workers!

We have all free:
    tea/coffee facilities (and not that machine crap either, the real cappucino stuff)
    hot chocolate
    fruit and breads, jams etc.
    Pool table
    Dart Board
    Wii
    Shower Facilities

A masseuse comes in every 3 months too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I get free tea, Coffee, hot choc and water.
    There is a "shower" but I've never heard of it been used.

The only good thing is we have a 2x200Mb line to a BackBone Internet node.

============
    Hmm,
    Looks like Yahoo isn't as good to work for as Google is:
    http://i34.tinypic.com/25smkj8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I work in the airport, 32" TV, DVD player etc...walk through security and you have Champion, Duty Free, Music shop etc and a variety of resteraunts to choose from (staff discount in all of them except SPAR and McD's).

Oh and then there's the view from the windows...fantastic if you're into planes :P

Rumour has it Airport Police have a pool/snooker table somewhere too, the bastards.
    Heh, that is why it took me by surprise. A couple of those grey plastic chairs (the ones that you had in secondary school) and a table, they called that the canteen in previous jobs. Looks like plenty of boardsies are well off (or big feckin' liars!)

Now that describes my last place perfectly. :)

Advertisement