Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad bottle of Spaten

Options
  • 18-07-2008 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

I picked up a couple of bottles of Spaten to enjoy while watching telly last night, I've drank it a few times before and really like it, well I opened the first bottle and took a big swig and nearly puked :eek: It had a really bad peppery taste of it and was vile, so I tried a second bottle which was the same. Anyone ever come accross beer gone like this, would it just be a bad batch or something?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Yes, I've had Spaten that was off -- two bottles from a batch of 5. All fresh.

It was more a kind of stale, musty flavour than peppery.

Bring it back to the shop if you could be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

dylbert wrote: »
    I picked up a couple of bottles of Spaten to enjoy while watching telly last night, I've drank it a few times before and really like it, well I opened the first bottle and took a big swig and nearly puked :eek: It had a really bad peppery taste of it and was vile, so I tried a second bottle which was the same. Anyone ever come accross beer gone like this, would it just be a bad batch or something?

Make sure you return them!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭BumblebeeGirl

I work in an Off licence and there has been a good few complaints about Spaten in the last few weeks- i drink it myself and most of the bottles ive opened have been dodgy. We havnt ordered any back in because at least two cases were gone off. Take my advice- Stay away from it for the mo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Brought them back the next day and swopped them for some Coopers Stout, yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

dylbert wrote: »
    Brought them back the next day and swopped them for some Coopers Stout, yummy.

That's a fine beer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement