Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange reaction or scar tissue?

Options
  • 18-07-2008 9:20am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks!

I've noticed something odd going on with one of my tattoos.
    (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/jennytree3/Tattooes/18.jpg)

On the left arm (right on the pic), the purple has become bumpy. First noticed it on hols but didn't pass much remarks cos it was roastin' and tattoos sometimes do odd things. Then this week, I was scratching my arm and noticed the bumps were still there. Its only the purple colour though, and only where the colour is quite deep. Its not itchy much and not sore at all, so not worrying me - just think its a li'l odd that its just the purple colour.

Any ideas??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Were they both done at the same time, as in is it the exact same ink used for the purple in both?
    If so at least that probably rules out a reaction to the ink itself since I'd expect the right arm to react with a similar timeline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

howehye?

how recent is the flick? any chance of a recent flick or a close up?

I wouldn't be inclined to think its is scar tissue, because on the whole you would expect to notice it sooner. It's not impossible to get a reaction to ink in only one spot, does it raise/fall depending on wether you were itching it/ with temperature?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

that happened to me when i got my stars done and it also happened to part of my boyfriend's sleeve. but that was soon after we got them done so i dismissed it as part of the healing process.

how long have you had them done?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

hello hello!

I first noticed the bumps about 4 weeks ago when I was in NY, thought it was the heat but they haven't gone down since I've been back. The two arms were done pretty much at the same time, and the right arm is not bumpy at all! I tried to take a photo of what I mean but you can't see the bumps cos its under the colour purple :D I've only noticed it being itchy once, which was during this week, and it did flare up a bit. I slapped on some moisturiser and the itching is gone but the bumps are still there.

Its not noticeable at all unless yer touching my arm. Mostly around the petals of the flower, and the top of the wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 GirlConcubine

Hey there
    You could try taking some antihistamine tablets..
    I get some kind of allergic reaction to certain brands and colours of ink and usually take some a few days before ive an appointment and then a few days after.

Worth a try :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement