Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP Predictions for Christmas 08

• 18-07-2008 9:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Whats does everybody reckon they will spend hours on in MP over the winter/christmas period?

What will float your boat this winter? 32 votes

CoD WaW (Similar perk system to CoD4 but in WW2)
    0% 0 votes
    CoD4 (A year later and still playing for prestiges)
    18% 6 votes
    Gears2 (Party System, Horde, Chainsawing)
    12% 4 votes
    Left 4 Dead (Its Valve, its zombies... nuf said)
    53% 17 votes
    Other (Please Specify)
    15% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

CoD WaW (Similar perk system to CoD4 but in WW2)
    It's it going to hold a candle to CoD4, but 3 was fun. Hope they manage to have a game thatdoesn't kick me off every 10 mins online.

CoD4 (A year later and still playing for prestiges)
    Yes, I'm hoping for new maps aas well. But I won't hold my breath.

Gears2 (Party System, Horde, Chainsawing)
    Bored very quickly by the Gears 1 MP. I think I played for two days – it was just too slow paced to hold my attention.

Left 4 Dead (Its Valve, its zombies... nuf said)

Yes! I think this will be great. Only thing is the MP may be a bit limited – games were it's player all together can be annoying – team killing etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

COD WaW will be for me..oh yeah Far Cry 2 looks very interesting.

As well as Saints Row 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Completely forgot about Far Cry 2. I think its going to be an amazing SP experience but i hope they dont just tack on a MP mode for the sake of it.

As for Saints Row 2, well i hated the first one online and I hated GTAIV online so I dont think I will like it but ill give it a go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Multiplayer hardcore binge drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

I'll be indulging in LiPs! Gonna voice-f*** my opponents

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

im not looking foward to the multiplayer that much on this game but i cant wait for guitar hero world tour.....it will be class

if i had to chose one of those it will probably be gears 2 or cod 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Without a shadow of a doubt it will be Aliens: Colonial Marines and Resi 5 if it has multiplayers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Has to be Gears 2 System link, I'm a bit worried about single player tho :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

battlefield will still be going id reckon they'll have a new game mode at the end of the summer conquest which what was what made battlefield, battlefield.

cod4 will stay up also cause everyone is on the band wagon saying cod5 will be crap! Im looking forward to cod5

gow2 will be good also I didnt like the multiplayer much but I know it will be very popular

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Without a shadow of a doubt it will be Aliens: Colonial Marines and Resi 5 if it has multiplayers

Well Resi 5 I didnt put in because its not available till March 09. Aliens:CM should be good considering Gearbox are developing it.

Also I wouldnt be worried about the Gears 2 SP mode. Its going to be great like the last one was.

• Advertisement

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Also I wouldnt be worried about the Gears 2 SP mode. Its going to be great like the last one was.

What I'm worried about is that it seems to be exactly the same as the first one. I know, "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I just don't think enough will have been changed in the single player aspect of the game. I hope I'm wrong tho.

Speaking of Resi 5, I saw the gameplay video of it, and one word sums it up for me: TERRIBLE. It's either a bad game or capcom are sh**e at making trailers.

Edit: I have just seen the gameplay vids for Left 4 Dead and...omg omg omg, I want that game now!!!

Benzino wrote: »
    What I'm worried about is that it seems to be exactly the same as the first one. I know, "If it ain't broke don't fix it". I just don't think enough will have been changed in the single player aspect of the game. I hope I'm wrong tho.

Speaking of Resi 5, I saw the gameplay video of it, and one word sums it up for me: TERRIBLE. It's either a bad game or capcom are sh**e at making trailers.

Edit: I have just seen the gameplay vids for Left 4 Dead and...omg omg omg, I want that game now!!!

See the problem with sequels is that developers are worried that if they change a successful game too much, people will be pissed. In relation to Gears, the two proper gameplay features of the SP camapaign I seen were very good. Both of them looked alot better than Gears 1 in relation to colors,lighting,physics etc. The gameplay will be mainly the same, there is no question about that. And if you get to ride a Brumark in it, thats a big step up.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    And if you get to ride a Brumark in it, thats a big step up.

Not if the Brumark moves along a pre-determined path with the player having no control over it. If that's the case, you might as well be on a magic carpet for all the difference it makes. But I hope your right, I really do...

I must thank you tho, you made me aware of Left 4 Dead, and boy am I excited about that now!!

Benzino wrote: »
    Not if the Brumark moves along a pre-determined path with the player having no control over it. If that's the case, you might as well be on a magic carpet for all the difference it makes. But I hope your right, I really do...

I must thank you tho, you made me aware of Left 4 Dead, and boy am I excited about that now!!

I cant wait for Left 4 Dead, particulary because of the 28days Later fast zombies that will be in it. Only gripe I have with it is that it might turn to be a little short but we will see.

Advertisement