Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoe Repair Dublin

• 18-07-2008 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hope someone can help me out there with my shoe problem....

I got a pair of great leather boots in New York last winter. This is them http://www.heels.com/womens-shoes/joshua-knee-boot-tan.html

After only a few wears the heel came loose and eventually fell off. I got them fixed at a regular re-heeling place (Mr Minit I think) but it has come completely loose again.

I love them and want to get a really good repair job on them this time. Does anyone know of a good cobbler that would fix them properly?? Anywhere in Dublin but preferably town or south side.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

There are two places that I can recommend highly.

1. There's a place in Pearse St. Station, I can't think of the name right now, that has done lots of work for us over the years.

2. Gavin in Marlowe's Dry Cleaners on Sth Great George's Street also has done very good work for us for many years.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The Shoe Hospital on Grattan Street, can't beat them for repairs, can't find their number online unfortunately, but if you're up that way it's just off Lower Mount Street, round the corner from An Bord Baine... very reasonable too.. I used to work close by and entrusted all my favourite shoes to him for re-heeling and was always happy with the work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭dublinmadyoke

Hey there,

There is a really good place just off lower O'Connell Street I used to use. Turn down the street at the Sony Centre and its just down there on the right- sorry I forget the name of the street... They do a mighty fine job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 harveydent

Hey there,
    Only place i could recommend is Bryans cobblers, i'm using them for years and they're without a doubt the best. Only real cobblers left in dublin, most quality shoe stores recommend them too(arnotts for one as i worked there).... they've a new shop just past the spar on talbot street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Lovely shoes!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Can I second the guy in the dry cleaners on George's St? He's so helpful and often repairs the heel while you wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 shadey

As a matter of interest, what would one expect to pay for resole of a leather sole shoe. Not the heel, just the sole part. I have just had a price of €34 and it seems a crazy price. Maybe I am just being tight....

shadey wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, what would one expect to pay for resole of a leather sole shoe. Not the heel, just the sole part. I have just had a price of €34 and it seems a crazy price. Maybe I am just being tight....

Very expensive indeed, Bryans in Talbot street charge 25 for a leather sole and thats stitched on too which some places either don't do or charge extra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 shadey

I'm assuming readers will take my question to relate to a pair of shoes!!

I just called the shoe guy and to cancel the job, I'd rather shop around, and/or use one of the recommendations above.

Thanks

Your dead right, sounds like a chancer to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 shining star

I have another shoe repair related question - would any of the recommended places be able to repair stitching on a shoe? I have a favourite pair of shoes, and there is a small seam on the inner part of the shoe, which has ripped. I was going to try that place in Pearse St station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

The place in Pearse Street Station is the place I'd recommend for stitching as many shoe repairers don't actually have the heavy duty machines needed to stitch leather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 shining star

thanks Gyalist........I'll stop by there this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Milda

Hey there,

There is a really good place just off lower O'Connell Street I used to use. Turn down the street at the Sony Centre and its just down there on the right- sorry I forget the name of the street... They do a mighty fine job!

5 Sackville Place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Just popped in to Bryan's Masters Cobblers to get a watch strap repaired, having tried the Ilac shoe repair guys who looked at me as if I had ten heads.

Friendly guy seem, seem to know what they're about.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Shinyboots75

Great Boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 soniaw977

i have a pair of high heel boots that i want to get the heel shortened i was wondering does anyone no where there is a place in dublin city centre.thanks . .

• Registered Users Posts: 8 donovanu

Hi guys I have a question semi related to what's going on here. I have a lot of high heels and when one pair wears down I have tended just to wear another until the heel is worn down on that and so on. And when spring cleaning my wardrobe I found that I now have 5 or 6 pairs of stilettos that need reheeling. Most shoe repair places I've seen charge 10 to 15 euro to reheel. Just wondering if anyone knows a place I could get it done at a bulk discount? Any comments appreciated!

Advertisement