Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AnPost latest delivery times

• 18-07-2008 10:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

AnPost latest delivery times are issued and they reckon they have improved, just by 5% nationally but nearly 15% on outbound international mail. Im not so sure how they get this report don't thing its anything to be excited about! I thought the aim was to get 90% of national mail next day? i understand rural areas etc can be a little difficult but surely it shouldnt take more than a day to get from cork to dublin which it often does for me. The amount of anPost threads here too is never a great sign.

National delivery times What you think..........good enough?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It's not good enough. I posted some business letters on Thursday 2 weeks ago. The box I used has a 17.30 collection and all but one letter were received the following day. The remaining one was going to Kildare so I expected maybe Monday or Tuesday at the latest. It was only delivered on Wednesday this week. That's the opposite of improvement.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

this is obviously only one persons experience of An Post but over the last 12 months their delivery times have slowed considerably with respect to letters I have been sending/receiving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

this is obviously only one persons experience of An Post but over the last 12 months their delivery times have slowed considerably with respect to letters I have been sending/receiving

If you look at the table they provide for national delivery, they show how they got worse as the year goes on, starting well in January but get worse later in the year, so i would say not just one persons view on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

davton wrote: »
    If you look at the table they provide for national delivery, they show how they got worse as the year goes on, starting well in January but get worse later in the year, so i would say not just one persons view on it.

In fairness it was fairly stable through the year and dipped for Q4, which would have had massive volumes. 78% isn't great though.

What's the International section about? Are they still talking about next day delivery of inbound international mail? When I first read it I thought the meant only 84.4% of international mail actually got delivered at all :eek:

MOH wrote: »
    What's the International section about? Are they still talking about next day delivery of inbound international mail? When I first read it I thought the meant only 84.4% of international mail actually got delivered at all :eek:

Yes on the inbound section, once its lands here anpost are in control of it, so its delivery time aswell as the customs and sorting side of things. The outbound is similar they have to sort and organise it for shipping etc as its still anposts till it lands in the foreign country.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Intra-Dublin post appears to take a lot longer than post to regional parts of the country? My personal experience is that its quicker to post a letter to somewhere in Dublin from Galway/Athlone/Kildare than it is from say- Kildare Street to Lucan village........ odd.........

As mad as that sounds i think your right, but anPost dont have fate in the irish user, where they have a dublin only box and an all other areas box they dont use them, they both go into the one bag and they re-sort them, i think its crazy but thats anPost. For this same reason i wouldnt be surprised if some of them end back in mail centre in portlaoise to come back again.. :rolleyes:

Advertisement