Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What's another term for a car treasure hunt

Options
  • 18-07-2008 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭

been wracking my brain for the last few days to think of the term for a treasure hunt done via car, anyone know what it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Orientation Rally?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Wheels of Fortune :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

peasant wrote: »
    Orientation Rally?

nope,that ain't it. I think I'll know it if I hear it.
    biko wrote: »
    Wheels of Fortune :D

would be appropiate alright ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I've never heard of them called anything other than 'Treasure Hunts', although there is a similar (but significantly different) type of event known as a 'Navigational Scatter'; is that what you're thinking of?

Explanation

Rovi wrote: »
    I've never heard of them called anything other than 'Treasure Hunts', although there is a similar (but significantly different) type of event known as a 'Navigational Scatter'; is that what you're thinking of?

Explanation

nah it's the standard car tresaure hunt that I was thinking of. It just came up in conversation the other night and we all thought there was some strange term for it, but none of us could recall - maybe we were just imagining it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Geocaching?

Although that's not strictly car only

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Geocaching?

Although that's not strictly car only

Hit the Reply button to get a reply box to popt this and this was in the previous replies :D

Its done mostly using GPS units so lots of people do do it using cars due to having satnavs...

Geocaching?

Nope, that wasn't it. Ah well i thought it was just one of those annoying things that you think is on the tip of your tongue, but you just can't remember it, but maybe I was just imaginging it.

Advertisement