Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise polution caused by waste trucks

Options
  • 18-07-2008 10:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

This may not be the best forum, so please move it if there is a more suitable place to ask this question.

I live in an apartment complex and the managment company has contracted a private waste management firm to collect rubbish. The trucka are coming at 4am in the morning, and given that my window is very close to where they load up, i'm constantly being awoken by them.

complaints to the management company have falled on deaf ears.

can i persue any other courses of action?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Some waste companies have to get in and out of the city before 7am iirc.

Don't know what the official line is on it though, but I do remember from experience that we we given the option of having the waste collected at 5am on a Thursday morning or 9pm on a Sunday eve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

If it was at 7am or 8am you'd have people complaining that the trucks are blocking the roads.
    They just can't win. 4am is a strange time though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

preilly79 wrote: »
    This may not be the best forum, so please move it if there is a more suitable place to ask this question.

I live in an apartment complex and the managment company has contracted a private waste management firm to collect rubbish. The trucka are coming at 4am in the morning, and given that my window is very close to where they load up, i'm constantly being awoken by them.

complaints to the management company have falled on deaf ears.

can i persue any other courses of action?

You can bring it before the council, I would also suggest calling the bin company directly too and see if there is anything you can arrange.
    I have been through this.

Advertisement