Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs/Groups

Options
  • 18-07-2008 11:14am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of any interesting clubs or groups in the North County Dublin area? I'm looking for some non-sport way of meeting new people. Something like a drama group would be good but I know a lot of them charge quite hefty membership fees to subsidise performances.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is a huge area!!

The fingal independent is a good start they have a classified section which a lot of groups advertise in.

It is online but I can't find a link to the classifieds from it anymore - http://www.fingal-independent.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

For drama groups in your area - check out the Drama League of Ireland website.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I did actually buy the Fingal Indo this week for that very purpose but there was not a screed of any groups like this (some for much older people like beginners bridge but I'm still in my 20s!)

Will check out that drama website, thanks.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭BizzyLizzy

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any interesting clubs or groups in the North County Dublin area? I'm looking for some non-sport way of meeting new people. Something like a drama group would be good but I know a lot of them charge quite hefty membership fees to subsidise performances.

You could talk to the people here, they might be able to help you out:

Draíocht Arts Centre: http://www.draiocht.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

It may help if you tell us your interest's, ok so Drama is one depending on where you are based the Millbank theatre in Rush has it's own drama group as far as I am aware.

Check your local library, they tend to have a notice boards for clubs and groups. There's plenty out there just a case of finding something that suits you.

Failing that forget real friends, live on Boards like we do:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement