Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% Extra Free

Options
  • 18-07-2008 11:23am

So I was browsing through some shops and I noticed that some of these places had 50% extra free on items; pepsi and the like. However I also noticed that some have raised the prices on the selected items. Is this not negating the "extra free" if they are charging for it, and would it not constitute as false advertising in some respects?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The manufacturer put the label on the bottle, the retailer can sell at whatever price he wishes.

It's become standard practice in some smaill retail shops which I don't frequent, however it does not happen in the larger supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

So I was browsing through some shops and I noticed that some of these places had 50% extra free on items; pepsi and the like. However I also noticed that some have raised the prices on the selected items. Is this not negating the "extra free" if they are charging for it, and would it not constitute as false advertising in some respects?
    Have they say, got a 1ltr bottle of pepsi beside a 1.5ltr bottle of pepsi (with the 50% free) at different prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Sometimes the shop increases the price to make more money, but sometimes the supplier has increased the cost price to alleviate the cost of the extra fill.

Advertisement