Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roscommon V Cavan, which is worse?

• 18-07-2008 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi all,
    having an arguement with one of my mates over which town is worse cavan or roscommon. He says roscommon is worse but i say that cavan is worse. Decided the best way to do this was to see what all you people out there think? so..........

Which town is worse.... Roscommon or Cavan????

Which Town is worse? 15 votes

Cavan
    0% 0 votes
    Roscommon
    100% 15 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Poll...

We talking just about the towns or the counties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

biko wrote: »
    Poll...

He doesn't know what that is, he's from Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭crazy_spider

Myth wrote: »

Counties....

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

He doesn't know what that is, he's from Roscommon.

Well if he was from cavan he'd be worried that he has to pay for it. :p

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    having an arguement with one of my mates over which town is worse cavan or roscommon. He says roscommon is worse but i say that cavan is worse. Decided the best way to do this was to see what all you people out there think? so..........

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Cavan....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

well i love rosscommon, so it has to be cavan:D
    (sorry):P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BetterThanBenny

who cares??:confused: they're both crap.

who cares??:confused: they're both crap.
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Option 3: Bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Has to be Cavan - that accent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

which town is worse cavan or roscommon
    Myth wrote: »
    Counties....
    Hmmm

Hmmm
    with you on that biko!!!:cool: +1

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭crazy_spider

Hmmm
    Sorry, a little hungover today.... Still, stick to voting on the counties....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

would have to be cavan, but i'd like to have 2 votes ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

seriously OP you expect a decent response on here, this board is made up of mostly dubs who don't even know places like roscommon or cavan exist, the furthest west most dubs have gone is lucan and i know a few that haven't even gone that far :p i have friends from sutton that didn't know where Clondalkin was, somebody on here from dublin asked me what a ben bulben and inishowen was :eek:

the remaining peoples on here are cork people who think their county is the centre of the universe :) and again probably don't realize those counties exist or think they smell like cabbage :rolleyes:

to answer your question both counties seem to mirror each other in many ways, both have decent main towns, roscommon is a slightly better town than cavan but thats neither here nor there, the other towns in the county mostly suck.

there is some nice scenery in the northern parts of both counties, roscommon has lough key, lough arrow and the curlew mountains, cavan has killykeen forest park and the marble arch caves.

Both counties were strong in gaelic football in the 1940s/50s and appeared in numerous all-irelands finals then, they haven't come close to hitting those peak in the last 25 years, roscommon were one point short of reaching an all-ireland in 1991 though :(

both counties have famous sons and daughters like douglas hyde, percy french and maureen o sullivan in roscommon and John Charles McQuaid and Francis Skeffington from cavan

both counties have been pretty much ignored by the dublin government for years, there are main roads in roscommon and cavan that were built by the british empire and hardly touched since :eek:

both counties have been pretty much ignored by the dublin government for years, there are main roads in roscommon and cavan that were built by the british empire and hardly touched since eek.gif

very very true:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Cavan but only because I got nice pub grub when passing through Roscommon once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hi all,

This is like ask the audience, you only have 50:50 and phone a friend left.

I was too mean to give my vote to Cavan.

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    This is like ask the audience, you only have 50:50 and phone a friend left.

I was too mean to give my vote to Cavan.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I don't know Cavan town, but Roscommon is great. I have a little bias, as I have relations in the area. So any time I am in Roscommon with my relations, town or county, I have a great time. I suppose that could be said of any place, if you have the right people with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Flukey wrote: »
    I suppose that could be said of any place, if you have the right people with you.

Sadly not. For example, I detest Middleton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

No Atari Jaguar option so i voted Roscommon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

What are we talking about worse here. The people, things to do, landscape, what? I don't have anything against Cavan as such but most people I have met from Co. Cavan I didn't like them at all. Something shifty about them. That and I find it strangely scarce of a place to do things in. Now, people from Longford is a different story, nearly every fella I have met/ worked with from Longford have been utter cock-rashes (i.e. - unwanted)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

[x] Awful thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Flukey wrote: »
    but Roscommon is great. I have a little bias, as I had relations in the area.

:rolleyes: i thought the sheep-shaggin was confined to the london area??

Advertisement