Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Love

Options
  • 18-07-2008 11:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Has anyone seen Big Love in the Peacock? would it be suitable to bring my 14year old daughter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭lukegriffen

Yes, I think it would be fine. There's a bit of female nudity, but that's hardly going to shock her. It's more of a female show, the main characters are all female.
    I think the Peacock wasn't the most suitable venue for this show, I think it needed a bigger setting. It was very funny in parts, and at times the visual effects were great, but the storyline seemed to drag towards the end, and I was glad when it ended. My overall impression was that it was disposable theatre, it didn't linger with me. I thought Bob Rauschemberg last year was far superior. But if your daughter hasn't been to much theatre, I think it's probably a good introduction.
    There's no interval, so if you're worried about your daughter not liking it, get an aisle seat towards the back and then you could discreetly slip out.

Advertisement