Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Atheist Missionaries In Utah

• 18-07-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭

http://www.break.com/index/door_to_door_atheists_bother_mormons.html

It's rather entertaining, basically an Austrailian atheist and his buddy doing what Mormons do best; cycling around in shirts and preaching door to door.

Sadly, they are not shown the same level of respect I would assume most atheists would show them, though I notice a small sample size might skew this slightly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

About time someone did this. Might start a new fad ... one can hope anyway.

In fairness though the comedian does use the specific arguments that are likely to drive the average bible-thumper into a frothing rage. Calling their ancestors monkeys, saying "god doesnt exist" and confronting them with the amount of time they have wasted in their lives - while all essentially true - is only going to annoy them and get the angry responses we see in the video.

That said, it's hardly an excuse and the old guy with the broom should have been prosecuted for assault and a religiously motivated offense ...

... hey, what goes around comes around no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

LOL

"don't knock on my door before 11am on Saturday morning!"

ahem, brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

For example, did you know that your relatives were monkeys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

theozster wrote: »
    http://www.break.com/index/door_to_door_atheists_bother_mormons.html

It's rather entertaining, basically an Austrailian atheist and his buddy doing what Mormons do best; cycling around in shirts and preaching door to door.

Sadly, they are not shown the same level of respect I would assume most atheists would show them, though I notice a small sample size might skew this slightly.

Yawn this is so old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bah, it never gets old :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the rest of his series is awesome, he spends a while at a japanese zen buddhist temple and the head monk fellow keeps hitting him with a stick.

classic television.

Advertisement