Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rules of the Roads & Bus Lanes

Options
  • 18-07-2008 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I haven't been able to find the answer to this anywhere. Is a bus lane without a sign saying what time it can and can't be used, still a bus lane. I would of presumed not, but yesterday I saw the Gards pulling in drivers on such a stretch near the the Bank of Ireland in Whitehall. The bus lane is brand new and does not yet have any signs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Same As

The Guy probably got of with a warning I would assume,if there was no sign to indicate whether it was a bus lane or not then then he couldn't be charged due to not getting reasonable notice that it was infact a bus lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭notnem

Thanks Same As,

So you reckon it is still in fact an active bus lane, but the Gards would just warn the driver because of lack of notice.

I think most people don't actually look at these signs (see the lines of traffic who never use a bus lane when it is not operational). I think your answer could well be right, but I'm just not 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭recycle

Same As wrote: »
    The Guy probably got of with a warning I would assume,if there was no sign to indicate whether it was a bus lane or not then then he couldn't be charged due to not getting reasonable notice that it was infact a bus lane.

Must be wrong. Must hav been pulled in for sum other 'offence'

Well if there was no signs then how was the driver to know that it was infact a bus lane??

Divine Inspiration springs to mind!

To be clear, there were 2 cars pulled over, and the Gards were standing behind a parked truck. A bus lane ends just before this one starts, so it is possible they were pulled over for using the other bus lane, but I'm not sure this makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

If there is no sign then it's not an active buslane. - According to the helpful folks at Dub City FM's LiveDrive.

Its something I wouldnt look too far into if it wasn't yourself involved.
    Your safest bet is to keep away from bus lanes at all costs during their usage hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

If there's no sign, it's not a bus lane. If there's a sign but no timeplate, as far as I know it's a 24/7 bus lane.

I know the stretch you're talking about, the last time I passed it, the bus lane was split off with parking cones, I didn't think it was open (to anyone) yet.

Hi Mark,

I'm talking on the opposite side of the road from what you are thinking. Just after the Viscount.

Advertisement