Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Lightsaber Dual?

• 18-07-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭

What was the best lightsaber dual in the films?? For me it was Obi Wan vs. Anakin in Episode 3... fantastic!!

Your favourite / The best Lightsaber dual. 16 votes

Darth Maul vs. Obi Wan Kenobi & Qui Gon Gin
    0% 0 votes
    Count Dooku vs. Obi Wan Kenobi & Anakin Skywalker
    31% 5 votes
    Count Dooku vs. Yoda
    0% 0 votes
    Count Dooku vs. Obi Wan Kenobi & Anakin Skywalker Part II
    12% 2 votes
    Obi Wan Kenobi vs. General Grievus
    0% 0 votes
    Mace Windu vs. Darth Sidius
    0% 0 votes
    Obi Wan Kenobi vs. Anakin Skywalker
    0% 0 votes
    Yoda vs. Darth Sidius
    18% 3 votes
    Obi Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vader
    12% 2 votes
    Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader part I
    0% 0 votes
    Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader part II
    0% 0 votes
    Other...if I left one out...
    25% 4 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Steve_o wrote: »
    What was the best lightsaber dual in the films?? For me it was Obi Wan vs. Anakin in Episode 3... fantastic!!

:eek: oooh...that's a good one...gona have to wait a while before i cast my vote...too hard too call...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Darth Maul versus Obi Wan and Qui Gon. I think it's because Maul has it all going for him: he is very talented with a lightsaber, he uses the force effortlessly, he is very agile and to top it off he looks and acts like the greatest badass in the Star Wars films.

I'm not a big fan of the Obi Wan vs. Anakin fight. it was great on the silver screen, but when I watch it now I think it is too pretentious, especially the past where they both start twirling the sabres, get them linked and then both try to force push the other. once again great fopr the first time but watching it again it looks kinda ****. also it would have been better if they didn't both use the blue saber (eventhough they had no choice)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

It's gotta be Vader & Luke in Return of the Jedi, even the music in that fight was awesome!

I liked all of them to be honest but i was really pi$$ed off with the Darth Sidious Vs 3 Jedi . It was just horrible . Kitfisto dies too easy. The other Jedimaster just stands there and lets the Emproir fly across the room and stab him . Not really Jedi Master reflexes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I liked all of them to be honest but i was really pi$$ed off with the Darth Sidious Vs 3 Jedi . It was just horrible . Kitfisto dies too easy. The other Jedimaster just stands there and lets the Emproir fly across the room and stab him . Not really Jedi Master reflexes .

Yeah that was gay beyond belief. I reckon Obi Wan vs Anakin was the best, partly for the brilliant soundtrack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

According to the extras the guy who played sidious was'nt too happy about doing a lightsaber duel, so it was always going to be crap, i was pissed too by fisto's swift death. Anakin vs Obi wan was by far the best, music was perfect for it and the duel itslef was amazing.

orestes wrote: »
    It's gotta be Vader & Luke in Return of the Jedi, even the music in that fight was awesome!

I would have to agree. You could just feel the raw emotion!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Yea that was lazy writing combined with the budget being over stretched me thinks!! I also agree with evil-monkey the raw emotion in the Luke vs. Vader dual was awesome, There's just something about the end of the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan fight were Obi-Wan has no choice but to cut Anakin down and the speech that followed, such emotion, very good acting by McGregor i must say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Yea that was lazy writing combined with the budget being over stretched me thinks!! I also agree with evil-monkey the raw emotion in the Luke vs. Vader dual was awesome, There's just something about the end of the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan fight were Obi-Wan has no choice but to cut Anakin down and the speech that followed, such emotion, very good acting by McGregor i must say!

I couldn't enjoy that fight. Anakin was too much of a whiney bitch and not a badass, and the dialogue in that f*cking film. it made my years bleed in parts

Anakin: "if you're not with me, then you're my enemy"

Obi-Wan: "only a Sith deals in absolutes"

The Bollox: "GAAAAAH!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

I preferred luke vs vader both times to any of the new trilogy lightsaber duels because I actually cared about the characters.

• Advertisement

The Bollox wrote: »
    Anakin was too much of a whiney bitch and not a badass

Finally, someone with some sense!! Anakin was a bitch!! An absolute bitch!! He lived up to the name "Annie" in so many ways!!

robby^5 wrote: »
    I preferred luke vs vader both times to any of the new trilogy lightsaber duels because I actually cared about the characters.

we all cared *wipes tear from eye*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hated the new star wars ie 1+2+3.
    Hated it even more after reading the site below but it does make me laugh/cry.:confused:

http://www.chefelf.com/starwars/ep1.php

Hated it even more after reading the site below but it does make me laugh/cry.:confused:

I dislike episode 1... but I love 2 & 3...

getting way off the point of the thread here but i have to say i disagree with that guy on a few points. not all, but a few. i mean his very first one, about the name being crap...The Phantom Menace is a great name for the film, the best of the six if you ask me...

Maybe but when you consider the overall points he made he's pretty A+.
    I look forward to the remakes in 10/20 years when Lucas is gone/dead etc and some good directory remakes it. Preferably a lot darker much like the new Batman movies are being remade right now.

Maybe but when you consider the overall points he made he's pretty A+.
    I look forward to the remakes in 10/20 years when Lucas is gone/dead etc and some good directory remakes it. Preferably a lot darker much like the new Batman movies are being remade right now.

Perhaps, but I don't know if going that dark would achieve anything tbh.

I think if there were ever to be a cinematic version of the duel between Darth Bane and and Lord Kas'im, that would be savage!! You know the one in Path of Destruction where
    Bane is loosing the duel after Kas'im switches to two hilts, after an almighty contest, so decides to just use the force and crushes him with the temple...
    ...class...

Perhaps, but I don't know if going that dark would achieve anything tbh.

ah come on man..imagine star wars without the annoying characters..where the bad guys are really really bad..not 2 dimensional..
    where the good guys are good but not too good..none of the philosphilcal claptrap etc.
    Proper saber duals..much like Return of the Jedi but better..god I hate Lucas for what he did to Star Wars..I've love to shove a saber up his ass, see the expression on his gimpy face and activate it then.:mad:

god I hate Lucas for what he did to Star Wars..I've love to shove a saber up his ass, see the expression on his gimpy face and activate it then.:mad:

to be fair...Lucas created Star Wars in his vision...the way he wanted it...I'm sure his response to you would be; ok - do better!!

but now we are really getting off point!!

• Advertisement

to be fair...Lucas created Star Wars in his vision...the way he wanted it...I'm sure his response to you would be; ok - do better!!

but now we are really getting off point!!

I'll send him my script :D.
    As long as he promises not to meddle with it:p

I'll send him my script :D.
    As long as he promises not to meddle with it:p

or claim it as his own!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

the darth maul vs obi wan & qui gon in the phantom menace was amazing, now imo it wasnt the best of the saga, but at least it had the best dual imo

Advertisement