Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Need live crickets

Options
  • 18-07-2008 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hey does anybody know (an Irish based preferably) seller of live crickets in Bulk???? I have two bearded dragons and they are flying through them I am in the pet store too often and its expensive as they don't sell in bulk.
    Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Are you feeding them on vegetables as well? They shouldn't be getting that many crickets. A couple of boxes a week should be the most that they should be going through, with lots of veg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 oranfahey

yeah feeding them greens not too interested yet they are favouring bit of carrot or butter nut squash at the moment but only picking at it really. I don't mind paying for boxes but if I could get them in bulk I would be so much handier.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Ben in reptile haven will order bulk for you if pay upfront.

Ive often ordered from these : http://www.monkfieldnutrition.co.uk/

2-3 Day delivery on bulk orders--Useless in the Winter but Summer is grand for live deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Seriously, you should not be giving them that many crickets a week. If they are young overfeeding them can cause spinal problems and as they get older you should be making sure that they start eating their veg. If they are always given as many crickets as they want then of course they won't be interested in their veg, but it is important that they start eating it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭AngelicRaindrop

theres the lad who runs ballybeg pet supplies, i know he can do bulk and hes got a good few crickets per box, hes down in clonmel i think? tipp anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

oranfahey wrote: »
    yeah feeding them greens not too interested yet they are favouring bit of carrot or butter nut squash at the moment but only picking at it really. I don't mind paying for boxes but if I could get them in bulk I would be so much handier.

!!!:eek:, seriously Dude, don't feed your Beardy's butter nut frackin squash, It's a good source of Vitiman A, but not very good for their digestive system.. Do some research and feed them the correct diet.

They should eat dark leafy green vegetation, such as Kale, Spinach, Chickery, Dandylions, Collard greens, Mustard Greens, Rocket, Lolla Rosa, Romaine Lettuce.

You obviously know little about the animals you keep, For instance are these Bearded dragons adults? if they are then they don't need to be fed every day. A bearded dragon also does not need to eat so many crickets in one go as you think. They will eat as many as you give them untill they are full to bursting, but that doesnt mean you should feed them that much, you will end up seriously shortening your Agamids lifespan if you keep up your current feeding schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭gversey

Reptile Haven , fishamble street dublin

Advertisement