Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a suit in Dublin?

Options
  • 18-07-2008 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi Guys
    I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could buy a suit or two fairly cheap over the next week or two?

Surely there should be a few Sales/Offers with all the bad consumer sentiment at the moment

Thanks in advance

Thirty Thirty

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Normally I'd suggest M&S to get a half-decent suit, but this thread about their current sale is worth a read!

That said, if they have their usual stock at non-sale prices you could do a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Bargain Basement in Arnotts is normally reasonable enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

How about Next? Their sale starts tomorrow morning.

Also, regards M&S, I was one of the people who posted about how dire their sale was, and it really was. They had only one nice suit in it but it still worked out at around 170 euro. You can buy a nice suit in M & S for less than 170 euro outside the sale.

Conclusion, if you are looking for sale prices, go to Next tomorrow, otherwise, M&S do sell nice suits apart from their sale, at decent prices. Most people I know swear by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

can i give this a wee bump. anyone know of any updates on the suit situation?

could do with picking one up in next few days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

Hi Guys
    I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could buy a suit or two fairly cheap over the next week or two?

Surely there should be a few Sales/Offers with all the bad consumer sentiment at the moment

Thanks in advance

Thirty Thirty

I think I came across this place on bargain alerts. (Search bargain alerts for references)
    http://www.suitsdirect4u.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Moanin wrote: »
    Bargain Basement in Arnotts is normally reasonable enough

If your looking for a bargain then this is your place. I got a complete tuxedo suit in there for my graduation earlier last year. Dinner jacket, shirt, dickie-bow and trousers came to €80. I had earlier in the day popped into Blacktie to enquire about hiring one for the day/night. They quoted €79 all up :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fruitpastilles

Anyone know of a place in Dublin that is offering good value in suits at the moment? A colleague has recommended a store in newry that are doing a decent suit, shirt and tie for £150! Id still rather spend my money in this country to be honest, so if anyone has a recommendation, please send it on.. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Mens clothes shop in Square is having a closing down sale.
    Can't remember if it's Diffneys or Bests but it's beside Tesco.
    On the window sign saying "suits from €79".
    The other one has a sign in the window saying suits from €100 (competition I guess).

Advertisement