Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby names!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Frog Song wrote: »
    I think Jenna is nice, very pretty.

Harvey always reminds me of Katie Price unfortunately. Kerry Katona also ruined two of my favourite names :(

O I never even thought of Katie prices Harvey!!! There we go.... Ruined :(

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

Well my first thought was "go Harvey go!"

Ice Storm wrote: »
    Well my first thought was "go Harvey go!"

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I know a dog called Harvey :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

toadfly wrote: »

:D the amount of dogs with hooooman names is huge. I wanted to call a girl Faye, but because we call our dog Phoe (pronounced fee) it's a no no.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I think Im not mad about Jenna cause of one of the girls on one of those geordy shore type shows is Jenna. Those shows have also put me off Charlotte which I loved!

toadfly wrote: »

Sure if nobody called their son/daughter the same name as a dog that would cause massive limitations. I know dogs called Sophie, George, Harry, ruby, Lilly, Suzy etc etc etc... The list goes on... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Any suggestions for girls names?
    At the minute I love Amber,but what if she has red hair? That would be just weird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Lashes28 wrote: »
    At the minute I love Amber,but what if she has red hair? That would be just weird!

Robyn and Isabelle would be my two favourite girls names. Amber is really nice too. I need some boys names!

• Advertisement

Lol Kersplat there's both of those names in my family already!

I know I'm having a girl so makes it 'easier'

If it were a boy I like
    Finn
    Alex
    Jacob

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I can't seem to view this link?

Ok now on iPad as opposed to iPhone. Very smooth! Yes mr Spector is one of my reasons. Lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Not big on Jenna, think it sounds a bit dated. I'd bracket it in the same section as Lisa, Michelle, and Karen. Nice names, but I know too many people in the 20-30 age bracket with it to see it on a baby. Not because its old fashioned, but because it went through a huge bout of popularity pretty recently. (no offence to anyone with these names).

I do see it as a name in its own right and don't think it should be/has to be short for Jennifer, though. Its a grand name I just know too many people my own age with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Not big on Jenna, think it sounds a bit dated. I'd bracket it in the same section as Lisa, Michelle, and Karen. Nice names, but I know too many people in the 20-30 age bracket with it to see it on a baby. Not because its old fashioned, but because it went through a huge bout of popularity pretty recently. (no offence to anyone with these names).

I do see it as a name in its own right and don't think it should be/has to be short for Jennifer, though. Its a grand name I just know too many people my own age with it!

I'm in that age bracket and I've never met a Jenna. Loads of Jennifers/Jennys alright but would have thought it was a rare enough name in Ireland. Apparently not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Lol Kersplat there's both of those names in my family already!

I know I'm having a girl so makes it 'easier'

If it were a boy I like
    Finn
    Alex
    Jacob

Really love Jacob wanted to call our last son Jacob but couldn't get Mrs Kieran convinced.

Having a girl in January and our four names this time are Juliet, Georgina, Victoria and Felicity. Going to try to get Felicity over the line this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

WhiteRoses wrote: »

Really? One of the reasons I liked it was because I didn't know anyone with that name, must keep my ears peeled for it before babs is born to see if I hear it around much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Hi guys - any thoughts on the following: Boys - Elliot, Ollie (Oliver on birth cert though).... Girls - Darcie, Ellie, Elsie.
    Thanks!

Plek Trum wrote: »
    Hi guys - any thoughts on the following: Boys - Elliot, Ollie (Oliver on birth cert though).... Girls - Darcie, Ellie, Elsie.
    Thanks!

If you want to call him Ollie, why not just put that on his birth cert? I could never understand the way that happens. People put one thing on the cert but call the child something else?

Maybe it's just me but I dont see the point?
    Everything official will have Oliver on it, school, college, passport etc.

Plek Trum wrote: »
    Thanks!

Love your girls names, and Ollie, not mad on Elliot but everybodies different!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

You can find out how likely red hair might be.

• Advertisement

Thanks daddys 'strawberry blonde' hair, so that's where the worry is coming from

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Thanks daddys 'strawberry blonde' hair, so that's where the worry is coming from

We're the same & I'd say I have a strong chance of being a carrier & we ended up with the blondiest child, it's a real lottery :)

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

but both parents have to carry the gene in order for a child to be redhead. :)
    So if there are any redheads in your family, there is a good chance, but if there is not a smidge, your child shouldn't have red hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Are people seriously worried about their child having red hair? It's not a disease ya know :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I LOVE red hair. Love. It. I have a red haired niece who is the most beautiful thing ever. You couldn't get her colour from a bottle if you tried. I think the days of teasing people for having red hair are long gone. Or at least I hope they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Dolbert wrote: »
    Are people seriously worried about their child having red hair? It's not a disease ya know :(

I think it's that the child would have red hair and be called Amber, as if it's a description of her hair. Kinda the same way people call their kids Holly/Noel etc if they're born at Christmas, it's like their name is a needless description.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Roselm

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I LOVE red hair. Love. It. I have a red haired niece who is the most beautiful thing ever. You couldn't get her colour from a bottle if you tried. I think the days of teasing people for having red hair are long gone. Or at least I hope they are!

Not in the UK. It's fair game and people don't hold back. I found attitudes re redheads shocking when I lived there :(

Nah Dolbert I love red hair esp on girls but it's just I know I'm gonna having a girl and like the name Amber but don't think the two mix that's all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Nah Dolbert I love red hair esp on girls but it's just I know I'm gonna having a girl and like the name Amber but don't think the two mix that's all

Sorry, picked you up wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Elliot and Elsie are lovely!

Advertisement