Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby names!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

my 2 year old loves it as she loves Max and Ruby.
    Personally I don't think it is too bad but it is also a common dogs name.
    Are you thinking Max as the full name?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Labelle28

I like max. I think it's a good name. While I get people saying certain names are also dogs names, I think you should take that with a pinch of salt. It seems these days people call their pets every type of name going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭puddle duck

any thoughts on Rory or James? I like Rory, my husband likes James. I just feel that James is soooo popular.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭JBTM

any thoughts on Rory or James? I like Rory, my husband likes James. I just feel that James is soooo popular.

Mix them and call him Gerry :) Or the French name Remès.

I like both, Rory is on my final 4 list!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Rory and James are both lovely names.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

I love both Rory and James! They'd be on my list if they didnt sound so wrong with our last name. This keeps happening to us unfortunately :P

I wish the name Alex wasnt so popular because I really like it and it fits well but I keep being told to avoid popular ones. Siiigh

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Rory and James are both lovely names.

:)

They're my kids' names. 4 years and 4 days old respectively.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    :)

They're my kids' names. 4 years and 4 days old respectively.

Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My little man was born at 18.33 this evening, and he's called Hugo Nicholas :)

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »

Hugo is a lovely little film you'll have to show him in a few years too :)

nikpmup wrote: »

Congrats and I love the name :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭chuckster

Labelle28 wrote: »
    I like max. I think it's a good name. While I get people saying certain names are also dogs names, I think you should take that with a pinch of salt. It seems these days people call their pets every type of name going!!

Yea it's the dog name bit that's in the back of my mind... though it's really growing on me and the only name me and oh can agree on... the dog aspect aside I think it's a nice name for a baby, then kid & adult. I think i would christen the baby Max, not Maxwell or Maximillion.
    agh decisions... 4 weeks to decide :-/

chuckster wrote: »
    Yea it's the dog name bit that's in the back of my mind... though it's really growing on me and the only name me and oh can agree on... the dog aspect aside I think it's a nice name for a baby, then kid & adult. I think i would christen the baby Max, not Maxwell or Maximillion.
    agh decisions... 4 weeks to decide :-/

I would go with max, don't even consider the dog name part. My Friends son is max and it's a great strong name and never once did the dog association cross my mind. Like you she christened him Max, as that's the name they liked. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

I give up! I can't pick a name I like or he agrees with. He's pretty quick to tell me what he doesn't like but doesn't put suggestions forward - I could choke him!!

My picks & his reactions

Rosie - 'She sounds like a million years old'
    Jacob - 'Too religious'
    Leo - 'Howya I'm Leo Dowling from Fair City'
    Cora - 'Yuck'
    Evan - 'Too much like even'
    Bella - 'His Gran had a dog called Bella'

Honestly, I hate that man!

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    I give up! I can't pick a name I like or he agrees with. He's pretty quick to tell me what he doesn't like but doesn't put suggestions forward - I could choke him!!

My picks & his reactions

Rosie - 'She sounds like a million years old'
    Jacob - 'Too religious'
    Leo - 'Howya I'm Leo Dowling from Fair City'
    Cora - 'Yuck'
    Evan - 'Too much like even'
    Bella - 'His Gran had a dog called Bella'

Honestly, I hate that man!

Evan and Leo aren't too bad.
    I would have to agree with him on the rest of them.
    What names does he like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

My husband was like that - vetoed almost every name but would never suggest any of his own. It drove me around the bend! In the end we managed to agree on a name but it was tough going!

Any thoughts on the name Hazel? We both really like it all of a sudden, can't really think of a good middle name to go with it though... Also if we went with hazel the initials would be HH so def need something to break that up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

My OH is the same. Just went through the whole alphabet for boys and girls and only names we agree are Sean or Roisin.
    Even at that not names that i totally LOVE just like.
    At least we have loads of time. We will know tge genderbin a few weeks sovthat will make it a bit easier. I hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

ynwa14 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on the name Hazel? We both really like it all of a sudden, can't really think of a good middle name to go with it though... Also if we went with hazel the initials would be HH so def need something to break that up :P

I absolutely love Hazel, it's really pretty. And it's definitely not a very common name, but not at all "weird" at the same time!

• Advertisement

Hazel is really pretty and quite unusual now:)
    I also love Róisín but we know to many adult ones to use it:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

What about something like Hazel Jane? I think a plain one syllable middle name would be good, it's a nice name, unusual but not made up or too weird

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Hazel is beautiful.

My OH and I argued names, so I gave him the job of naming the kids and I would just say yes or no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Absolutely love that name and have it on our list too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Definitely something beginning with R, you'll have your own little HRH. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hazel is lovely. I always liked that, we even put it in our house name. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

JBTM wrote: »
    Hugo is a lovely little film you'll have to show him in a few years too :)

Congratulations to you, our youngest is called Hugo and it really suits him. Although we usually refer to him as hurricane Hugo, but he is really lovable and a real charmer, and he is only turning 4 next week. Enjoy your little bundle 😊

We've decided on Addison Olivia for a girl! We both really love it so I'm gonna ignore our families who will probably disagree. We'll probably use Addie while she's growing up :)

I'm pretty sure we're having a girl, but we chose Sebastian as our boy name! Still cannot for the life of me think of a middle name though :(

I like the sound of that:)
    I am completely stuck for future names! I dunno what I would call another boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Rachineire

We've decided on Addison Olivia for a girl! We both really love it so I'm gonna ignore our families who will probably disagree. We'll probably use Addie while she's growing up :)

I'm pretty sure we're having a girl, but we chose Sebastian as our boy name! Still cannot for the life of me think of a middle name though :(
    Sebastian is a great name for a boy....its what we named our lo!

Advertisement