Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby names!

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Totally finalised on the names(for now :D ), Rhys for a boy and Leah for a girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Salome

Quote:
    Originally Posted by adrieanne__x viewpost.gif

Yes, I am crazy... but out of those names I really like Addison and Grace for a girl and Luke and Ben for a boy. But they're all in the running!!

A grey's anatomy fan no doubt...

Seattle "grace" and "Addison" Shepard?

Must admit, I thought that myself!!! I remember chav-tastic council estates having an influx of "Crystal's" and "Alexis's" in the '80's when Dynasty was the programme-du-jour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Salome wrote: »
    Quote:

Must admit, I thought that myself!!! I remember chav-tastic council estates having an influx of "Crystal's" and "Alexis's" in the '80's when Dynasty was the programme-du-jour!

Ta so, I'm a chav!!

Melion, I love Rhys!!

Melion, I love Rhys!!

Delighted i managed to talk her around to it. As i said before, i got a welsh name due to family so im delighted to be able to give me son one(if its a boy)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

My daughter's name is Penny Aisling. If I have another girl her name will be Leila or Layla. The missus does not know this yet!!!! As for boys names I don't have a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

As a metter of interest, is it the fathers choice, the mothers choice, or should it be a joint decision on the babies name?

I presume its the 'joint decision' - just asking.

P.S. I love the name 'Penny' :) but err indoors doesnt :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

I picked my first two babies names.The third baby we all picked cause out nothing else suited him.Its really down to the people involved who wants to pick and if it suits baby.

I was just wondering, are there many 'Unisex' names available so we can start choosing one now before we discover the sex of our baby.

Example;
    Robyn = Girls name
    Robin = Boys name

Thats the only unisex name I can think of ...............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Camelot wrote: »
    I was just wondering, are there many 'Unisex' names available so we can start choosing one now before we discover the sex of our baby.

Example;
    Robyn = Girls name
    Robin = Boys name

Thats the only unisex name I can think of ...............

Francis/Frances
    Addison, I've heard that for boys or girls but it's all girl in my head.
    Can't think of any more right now with my addled from lack of sleep mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

There are loads of unisex names, too many to list to be honest :D

Get a good baby name book and work from there - I have a great one called "The brilliant book of baby names" and while they are listed by male and female there are symbols next to each name as to whether they are exclusively used for that sex or if they are unisex.

Good luck in your choice.

We use the bible to name ours - it's the only use it gets in this house ;)

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

MrsA wrote: »
    There are loads of unisex names, too many to list to be honest :D

Get a good baby name book and work from there - I have a great one called "The brilliant book of baby names" and while they are listed by male and female there are symbols next to each name as to whether they are exclusively used for that sex or if they are unisex.

Good luck in your choice.

We use the bible to name ours - it's the only use it gets in this house ;)

M

I know you can't tell to look at my boys, but I looooove biblical names for boys. Not so much for girls. I wanted to call Euan Moses, but hubby blew that idea out of the water. I say no-one f*cks with the guy who can part the red sea. He says everyone beats up the child called Moses. Meh..

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

My youngest is Daragh & he is most definitely a boy! I have heard of girls being called it but with different spelling (Daire, I think).
    To me it's definitely a boys name!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

we found out its going to be a boy last week - so we think we are going with Morgan.
    We've started referring to him as Morgan already so I think the decision is now made.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 little ol me

MrsA wrote: »
    We use the bible to name ours

DH uses The Wire box set, and while I might tentatively consider D'Angelo or Avon, I most definitely draw the line at Wee Bey or Cheese or Bunk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

Dominic for a boy, Grace or a Amy for a girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Sixx

DH uses The Wire box set, and while I might tentatively consider D'Angelo or Avon, I most definitely draw the line at Wee Bey or Cheese or Bunk :D

Oh my god... so does mine!!!
    Over dinner last night he began insisting on Omar as a middle name if its a boy... he knew none of The Wire names would float for the first name, but the seriousness with which he's pushing this Wire middle name business is worrying!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

trish990 wrote: »
    Dominic for a boy, Grace or a Amy for a girl.

I really like Dominic... Husband wouldnt let me use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Wait till later series - Zenobia or Duquan are in it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Aidan for a boy and Rachel or Niamh for a girl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

foxy06 wrote: »
    Aidan for a boy and Rachel or Niamh for a girl
    Ya i went for Aidan, suits him to the ground and its just a lovely name, i haven't heard of too many boys called Aidan recently:)

• Advertisement

Look what my partner has done to my Girl's name list :(

Beth
    Mandy
    Emily
    Heather
    Kate
    Juliette
    Grace
    Victoria
    Lucy
    Samantha
    Emily
    Charlotte
    Emma

My names are being vetoed :o :cool: :)

Look what my partner has done to my Girl's name list :(

Beth
    Mandy
    Emily
    Heather
    Kate
    Juliette
    Grace
    Victoria
    Lucy
    Samantha
    Emily
    Charlotte
    Emma

My names are being vetoed :o :cool: :)

Looks like they may have just crossed out every seond one for the Craic!!

The amount of girls names ive had to veto is ridiculous, every day she comes out with a different girls name(boy is sorted). Claudia was the latest one, horrible name :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Wait till later series - Zenobia or Duquan are in it !

What about Omar?!?

We've just added 'Natasha' to our short list, lovely girls name, just a shame that it has taken a sad death to bring this beautiful name to our attention.

As a matter of interest, we saw a womans name printed in the Irish Independent the other day (Medb) which we initially thought was a misprint, but its printed in the paper several times! Can there really be an Irish girls name Med-b ??? (like an Irish version of Mel-c) ? dont laugh :)

Sorry if we are missing something here, but this name 'Medb' has baffled us and we've even asked around in work, but nobody knows what it is > maybe its an abbreviation of her name or something?

Hi Camelot... its an Irish spelling option for the name Maeve (which is top of my list!) you can also spell it 'Maebh' or 'Mabh'... I've always worried that spelling it any Irish way would just confuse the issue and you've confirmed it thanks!! SO I'll stilck with Maeve if its a girl and if OH caves in, as he's not mad about it!!!

Thanks 4 that Sixx, we would never have worked that one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Thanks 4 that Sixx, we would never have worked that one out.

Medb Ruane? I was pretty confused when I saw that name first too!

Jesus, she's moved onto Freya for a girl. Anyone else think its awful?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

Cristiano and Beyonce for the win

Advertisement