Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a chefs blowtorch

• 18-07-2008 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I could get a culinary blowtorch in the Dublin area? I've been scouting google for any cookery shops, but I can only seem to find online stores listed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Notorious wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where I could get a culinary blowtorch in the Dublin area? I've been scouting google for any cookery shops, but I can only seem to find online stores listed.

They were for sale in Aldi recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I got mine in Aldi, but they're long gone from there.

You can get them in Stock (behind St. Stephen's Green centre)
    Home Store & More (Belgard Road)

Any kitchen shop, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I think the kitchen shop on Pearse Street has them. I can't remember what the shop is called but it's near the top of end of Pearse Street by the Jury's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I spent months looking for one of these, my mam eventually got me one in Aldi, it was a good while ago but they often repeat their specials. I thought I'd never get it and I've only used it twice :rolleyes:...think I need to make some creme brulee and put it to use :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

see them in Avoca in Rathcoole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

They have a 'brulee' set in Avoca alright. And I saw some in Aldi last Weds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Murt10

watna wrote: »
    I think the kitchen shop on Pearse Street has them. I can't remember what the shop is called but it's near the top of end of Pearse Street by the Jury's.

Sweeney & O'Rourke
    34 Pearse Street
    Dublin 2

It's on the same side as but just befor O'Neills pub. Two chefs told me that this is wher all the chefs buy their knifes. They have everything to do with cooking.

http://www.cea.ie/members/member/?guid=dc2eff97-3ee6-47cc-be70-19cebf695c42

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i second sweeney o'rourke, i have been using them for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

TK MAXX have loads of them.

Advertisement