Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration Fee

Options
  • 18-07-2008 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Hi, couple of questions - firstly does anyone know what the registration fee is this year or even if you can remember what it was last year to give me an idea cause I'm drawing a blank!!

And secondly is the registration fee the same for post grads as undergrads or is this another way of bleeding you dry when you decide to do a postgrad??

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

The undergraduate registration fee was €928.50. Then there was the SU on top of that. Next year it will probably be around 1,075 to 1,100, total.

The 2008/09 postgrad fees are up, the provisional ones. There is a registration fee for postgrad, as far as I am aware it's just all bundled together with the full fee for tuition.

Edit: I *think* the registration fee is around €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    The undergraduate registration fee was €928.50. Then there was the SU on top of that. Next year it will probably be around 1,075 to 1,100, total.

The 2008/09 postgrad fees are up, the provisional ones. There is a registration fee for postgrad, as far as I am aware it's just all bundled together with the full fee for tuition.

Edit: I *think* the registration fee is around €500.

Thanks for that UCD_Econ, I saw the provisional fees alright, so you reckon that the amount quoted on that page probably includes the registration fee as well?

That would be brill if it did. I might email the student desk to see if they can shed any light on the situation.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I just paid my fees, no reg fee on top, when doing the Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Thanks - that is good news!!

To save making a new thread -

Registration fee is €1,050 this year, apparently.

http://www.ucd.ie/fees/undergraduate.htm
    Undergraduate - Free tuition degree programmes
    Students who qualify for 'free' fees pay only €1,050 Unless indicated all fees listed cover one academic year. Fees listed are inclusive of tuition and levies

Also, it looks like they've finished with timetabling as the numbers have changed from 07/08 to 08/09 on the modules search page - in case anyone who is at work is bored and wants to work out their timetable next year :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Where's the modules search page?/ (forgive me, i couldn't find it on the site :o)

It's here. Search for the class - then select it and go to the bottom drop down menu "When is this module offered".

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johnhar

How are UCD justifying this fee and what is it for? No one is metioning this in the "free" fees debate.
    A nominal fee for registration as an indication of serious intent from a student would be OK. €1,050 is far from nominal.

johnhar wrote: »
    How are UCD justifying this fee and what is it for? No one is metioning this in the "free" fees debate.
    A nominal fee for registration as an indication of serious intent from a student would be OK. €1,050 is far from nominal.
    Don't like it? Don't pay it - don't attend the University. Quite simple. It has been included in the debate before, actually. The chances of anyone justifying the registration fee are slim to none - and I just saw slim leave the building.

Edit: It's supposed to be for admin expenses, exam fees, library (?), student centre, etc.

Advertisement